Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I take maths, further maths, physics and DT please tell me what I can do at uni??? watch

    • Thread Starter

    I am taking AS maths, further maths, physics and DT, i shall be dropping further maths, please could you give me thoughts on what to do at university! I was considering structural engineering/ architecture .. but i need a larger perspective.

    Could you point me in a place to look at university courses based off your alevels?

    This website shows you different uni courses and the A Level subjects you typically need (scroll down to the Subject Requirements part)

    Anything! Maths opens a lot of doors. My recommendations would be computer sci, civil engineering and mechanical engineering.

    You should try and find a course and then check the a level requirements rather than the other way around in my opinion.
    • Thread Starter

    Thank you guys, now considering computer science!
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:



Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.