The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not something I would personally do but I don't think it's the creepiest thing ever. Would be a bit awkward having your aunt and uncles for your in laws though :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
naa, way too closely related. first, second and third and all branches of cousins.
Reply 22
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
It depends on how close you have been all your life. For example I would never marry one of my cousins because I feel as if they're my own brothers. But say someone doesn't see their cousin often and then they meet propperly when they're older and fall in love, get married I guess that's ok. Also I guess marrying second/ distance cousins would be Okay too. But idk it's still weird. My aunt is married to her cousin that means they both share a grandparent and that would be way too gross for me:eek4:

This

Posted from TSR Mobile
No of course not! It's incest.
There is so much wrong with dating/marrying your cousin. wouldn't recommend it
NEVER
I wouldn't... Asides from everything else, they're like my sister's and I see them in a very platonic light.
okay to marry but not have kids with as it's unfair on the kids and selfish
It's not something that I would recommend.
yh, its fine to marry ur first cousin

most of my cousins are married to cousins their children are perfectly fine :smile:
No it's disgusting. How can you marry someone who is closely related to you and you have had many happy memories growing up etc. It's just weird and unnecessary. Plenty of men/women who are not cousins to marry out there. Diversify Ye olde gene pool and that
Not okay, in my opinion. I go with that science assumes, because it tends to be correct
I'd be fine with people marrying their cousins in principle (though I wouldn't do so myself), but I don't see how it could be made to work without putting undue strain on the health service over several generations. Perhaps some sort of tax could be levied, but then people would bitch and moan that it was unfairly targeting the poor. :dontknow:
No please
Reply 34
sure

if you want your babies to come out so scrambled they're permanently throwing gang signs
Original post by Erebor
What's your opinion on marrying your first cousin?

"if you can't find anyone to mate with mate with your sister"

wise words from my philosophy or religion teacher when discussing religion....
I personally wouldn't.
Not me personally. I know cousins that have done so but they have been cousins that did not grow up seeing each other. I'm close to my cousins so it is a big no no, in my culture it is a practised tradition but family ties become awkward if you divorce and it changes how you are related to people. So nope.
I think it's fine. But I personally wouldn't do it. Not to my taste
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by RezzBerry
Marriage usually results in children. Said children will be (most likely) disabled. Why would you want that?

One, or even several, generations of incest are harmless. The mutations start accumulating after 5+ generations.

Interestingly, blue and green eyes are the result of incest in the originator tribe.

Latest

Trending

Trending