The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

how strict is edinburgh with their conditions

i was accepted for the program economics with finance with the conditions of an IB diploma score of 34 and a IB math standard level score of 6

i can achieve the 34 i'm just worried about that 6 for maths. would my offer be gone if i score a point lower than the math score that they want?
Original post by 16cmazloum
i was accepted for the program economics with finance with the conditions of an IB diploma score of 34 and a IB math standard level score of 6

i can achieve the 34 i'm just worried about that 6 for maths. would my offer be gone if i score a point lower than the math score that they want?

it will depend on a number of factors but you need to assume that you may well be rejected if you do not achieve your conditions and try your best to get them.

They will have made a certain number of offers- which involves an educated guess about the percentage of people who will achieve those offers. After everyone gets their results there are a number of scenarios. If more people achieved their conditions than was expected then they will be over subscribed and will reject anyone who didn't. If less people than they expected met their conditions then they may be a few places that will go to people who didn't quite make it and they will look through the people who just missed and maybe let a few in.

I don't know much about Economics and Finance but I presume that maths is quite important so it may well be that not getting maths would not be looked on that well...

good luck and I hope you get the grades
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending