Turn on thread page Beta

Redoing Second Year watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'll try keep this simple.
    I study Mathematics with Management (Major&Minor) as a 2nd year, but i'm sure i'm failing this year. My management grades (the two modules I do) I know however will be positive. I only just scraped a pass in my first year, so my transcript isn't looking great. What are the chances I can redo my second year somewhere or here, making my minor my main focus of my degree, ie. Business Management, or even doing a joint honours somewhere studying Mathematics & Management. This being said, how are the chances for me to redo second year in general?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by JayAmo)
    I'll try keep this simple.
    I study Mathematics with Management (Major&Minor) as a 2nd year, but i'm sure i'm failing this year. My management grades (the two modules I do) I know however will be positive. I only just scraped a pass in my first year, so my transcript isn't looking great. What are the chances I can redo my second year somewhere or here, making my minor my main focus of my degree, ie. Business Management, or even doing a joint honours somewhere studying Mathematics & Management. This being said, how are the chances for me to redo second year in general?
    To do your second year somewhere else, you'd need the first year modules to be the same at the new uni as the current uni. This is often difficult to match up. You would need to research unis you're interested in changing to and see if the content is similar.

To redo your second year at your current uni would probably be easier. You need to speak to your tutor at your uni to learn the process.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.