Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

So is it possible to make another application for a Grad scheme of the same intake year to a company that I have applied (and failed) before?

I've heard that some do it with a different email but considering that I made it to the AC the first time someone might remember my details along the way.

Is it worth contacting HR and asking them if I can reapply or would I practically have zero chances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KTS89)
    Hello,

So is it possible to make another application for a Grad scheme of the same intake year to a company that I have applied (and failed) before?

I've heard that some do it with a different email but considering that I made it to the AC the first time someone might remember my details along the way.

Is it worth contacting HR and asking them if I can reapply or would I practically have zero chances?
    Highly unlikely they will allow it. If they allowed you to do it, they would have to let everyone do it, meaning 100s if not 1000s of more applications.

Why not just wait for next year's recruitment process if you are that keen to join?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Highly unlikely they will allow it. If they allowed you to do it, they would have to let everyone do it, meaning 100s if not 1000s of more applications.

Why not just wait for next year's recruitment process if you are that keen to join?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't wanna wait a whole year doing nothing, and it really buzzes me for losing that AC because it was mainly due to my inexperience/anxiety. I am almost certain that if I had it now I would pass it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KTS89)
    Don't wanna wait a whole year doing nothing, and it really buzzes me for losing that AC because it was mainly due to my inexperience/anxiety. I am almost certain that if I had it now I would pass it.
    Call them and ask then. Rather than reapplying, if they felt it was appropriate to bring you through again, they would just get you to retake the assessments at the final stage.

If you reapply, it's likely you will just get a flat rejection where it's a duplicate application. Most applicant tracking systems make it fairly easy to identify duplicate applications from the same person.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Call them and ask then. Rather than reapplying, if they felt it was appropriate to bring you through again, they would just get you to retake the assessments at the final stage.

If you reapply, it's likely you will just get a flat rejection where it's a duplicate application. Most applicant tracking systems make it fairly easy to identify duplicate applications from the same person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Higlhy unlikely that they put me straight to an AC but I might as well call them and see. Thank for the input.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KTS89)
    Higlhy unlikely that they put me straight to an AC but I might as well call them and see. Thank for the input.
    Highly unlikely that they will consider another application if that's the case.

It is highly unlikely either way - if they thought it was worthwhile reconsidering you they would have informed you of that and the process you would have needed to complete.

At best I think your option will be to reapply next cycle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.