The Student Room Group

Help with postage

Hi everyone. i brought a parcel (A wireless charger for my phone) and for some reason on the tracking website my parcel is stuck on the same command for ages.
this is the link (http://post-tracking.com/70881289202).
I am tracking it through China post and this is/was the courier. Can anyone help with what to do?

thanks for any advice and help given :smile:
Original post by Junaid12
Hi everyone. i brought a parcel (A wireless charger for my phone) and for some reason on the tracking website my parcel is stuck on the same command for ages.
this is the link (http://post-tracking.com/70881289202).
I am tracking it through China post and this is/was the courier. Can anyone help with what to do?

thanks for any advice and help given :smile:

Heya, I've bought things from China before which have mostly taken in excess of 3 weeks to arrive. I'd guess it'll be stuck on that phase for possibly another week? Not sure though :smile:
It doesnt update instantly either. Because its from china it will probably last less time than the time it takes to actually arive
Reply 3
Original post by SalazarSlytherin
It doesnt update instantly either. Because its from china it will probably last less time than the time it takes to actually arive

Oh ok thanks for the reply :smile:. Can the product be rejected or will it actually turn up? i have been waiting 2 weeks but some people say it can take up to a month to deliver so i don't really know what to do.
sometimes the UK customs stops your parcels and won't release them until you pay some import tax... holding parcels hostage until we pay :frown: no idea why and which parcels they intercept...
Yeah and most customs fees are more expensive than the item itself
Reply 6
Original post by SalazarSlytherin
Yeah and most customs fees are more expensive than the item itself

Wow. What do you think the best course of action is? I'm really worried i wanted that charger :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by BlueIsTheNewRed
sometimes the UK customs stops your parcels and won't release them until you pay some import tax... holding parcels hostage until we pay :frown: no idea why and which parcels they intercept...

How would i know whether to pay that? lol
Original post by Junaid12
How would i know whether to pay that? lol

My parcel should've arrived a while ago then I received a letter from the UK customs and had to pay like 30 quid (I purchased a hundred quid cooker thingy from Japan) I think the price depends on how expensive your item is...anyways it's basically a rip off :s-smilie:
I would give it 4-6 weeks. Anything ive ever ordered from China has always arrived. Surely it said so ot you realise it might take a bit longer for it to be sent from China. It would normally be by surface mail as well, which means a ship.
I ve ordered headphones from China before,took a month but no customs charge
Reply 11
Original post by 999tigger
I would give it 4-6 weeks. Anything ive ever ordered from China has always arrived. Surely it said so ot you realise it might take a bit longer for it to be sent from China. It would normally be by surface mail as well, which means a ship.

Oh ok. And its only a small wireless charger. thanks for the help, i hope it turns up. I was worried that the customs may reject my items because it is a wireless charger but who knows? thanks mate :smile:
Reply 12
My parcel should've arrived a while ago then I received a letter from the UK customs and had to pay like 30 quid (I purchased a hundred quid cooker thingy from Japan) I think the price depends on how expensive your item is...anyways it's basically a rip off :s-smilie:

Wow that is a rip off. thankfully my parcel is small. hopefully little or no charge.
Original post by claireestelle
I ve ordered headphones from China before,took a month but no customs charge

They only do random checks and gifts below £34 are free from vat anyway.
Reply 14

Wow that is a rip off. thankfully my parcel is small. hopefully little or no charge.
When your parcel arrives, tell us if they remembered to glue the parts together.

Quick Reply