Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if we'll be asked about the core practicals in our As exams? (for the new 2015 spec)
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ldawgg)
    Does anyone know if we'll be asked about the core practicals in our As exams? (for the new 2015 spec)
    yes most certinaly , do yo have set 2 specimen papers for this ??, i havent found anyone doing this course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ldawgg)
    You shall indeed be asked about the Core Practicals mentioned in the AS Specification
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf As_Bio_Core_Practicals.pdf (357.7 KB, 104 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Science_help)
    yes most certinaly , do yo have set 2 specimen papers for this ??, i havent found anyone doing this course
    Yeah I have the specimen papers, they didnt really have much about the core practical content though? mainly just the skills and application.

yeah its like everyone does aqa and ocr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakRen01)
    You shall indeed be asked about the Core Practicals mentioned in the AS Specification
    Thanks, thats a really useful breakdown :yy:

ReputationRep:
    apparently core practical questions are around 20-30% of the marks! i have been given a summarised sheet on them if you would like me to send it? i also cant find anyone doing edexcel- so annoying haha! good luck for thursday, lets hope theyre kind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poppygracexx)
    apparently core practical questions are around 20-30% of the marks! i have been given a summarised sheet on them if you would like me to send it? i also cant find anyone doing edexcel- so annoying haha! good luck for thursday, lets hope theyre kind!
    20-30%?! Woah thats a lot... Good luck to you too!

That would be great if you could send it! No pressure though, there's some really useful summaries in the revision guide

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.