Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm just about to start my GCSE exams, and am feeling about as okay about them as i think it is possible to feel! Next year, I've chosen to study the IB, and i'm REALLY scared. I'm not too worried about not getting the grades, although that is niggling at the back of my mind. But, anyway, I was just wondering what the IB is like?? I do think it sounds amazing, and i'm looking forward to it, but I'm TERRIFIED. Any tips or advice? Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Don't slack, familiarize yourself with the theory and the exam technique early on as this is key in doing well in exams. Also no homework doesn't mean no work, consolidate what you have learnt in class (this will ease revision a lot, trust me), do not underestimate any subject, exam or IA as the IB can be a little unpredictable.

Exams may seem had but once you learn to decipher what the question is asking (especially in maths or sciences) and know your theory you should be able to answer the question easily. ToK and EE can be an easy 2/3 points if done right,

The IB is very hard, but if you have the right attitude and work ethic (do as I said earlier in the post) then there shouldn't be anything to worry about

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.