The Student Room Group

Which Access to HE course should I study so I can apply for PPE courses?

Hello,

I am currently looking into studying an Access to HE course so I can start studying PPE at University. The only issue being that the two Universities I have email about relevant courses have not exactly provided straight answers and have merely stated that I should study something relevant...

I want to ensure that I don't get turned away come 2017 so I have listed the available courses below.

Health and Social Professions - Level 3 Access to Higher Education Programme (Ascentis)
BM1FE99
Humanities - Level 3 Access to Higher Education Programme (Ascentis)
BM1FE102
Law and Criminology - Level 3 Access to HE (Ascentis)
BM1FE128
Science - Level 3 Access to Higher Education Programme (Ascentis)
BM1FE101
Social Sciences - Level 3 Access to Higher Education Programme (Ascentis)
BM1FE98

Some are instantly not relevant however I would like to know what choice I have (if any) as currently I believe the relevant courses I could get offered a place from would be: Social Sciences & Law & Criminology.

My reasoning behind Humanities not being a suitable course is that it now entails education rather than creative writing so it would be unlikely that it would be accepted.

Many thanks for your assistance and hopefully I can get help in choosing the correct course!

Kind Regards,

Alex
Original post by Nadsat
Hello,

I am currently looking into studying an Access to HE course so I can start studying PPE at University. The only issue being that the two Universities I have email about relevant courses have not exactly provided straight answers and have merely stated that I should study something relevant...

I want to ensure that I don't get turned away come 2017 so I have listed the available courses below.

Health and Social Professions - Level 3 Access to Higher Education Programme (Ascentis)
BM1FE99
BM1FE102
BM1FE128
BM1FE101
BM1FE98

Some are instantly not relevant however I would like to know what choice I have (if any) as currently I believe the relevant courses I could get offered a place from would be: Social Sciences & Law & Criminology.

My reasoning behind Humanities not being a suitable course is that it now entails education rather than creative writing so it would be unlikely that it would be accepted.

Many thanks for your assistance and hopefully I can get help in choosing the correct course!

Kind Regards,

Alex

I'm moving this to the Mature Students forum, where there will be more people who have been in your situation to advise you.
Reply 2
Original post by Nadsat
Hello,

BM1FE99
BM1FE102
BM1FE128
BM1FE101
BM1FE98

Kind Regards,

Alex

You need to try and get the unis to be more specific. Try emailing the Admissions Offices with those course titles, and ask them to confirm that one of those would be accepted - or preferably, to select their preferred one.

Ultimately there isn't a standard approach and it can differ between unis and courses, so we probably can't help much further. What was accepted for someone else here, isn't guaranteed to be the same for your prospective unis.
Original post by Nadsat
Hello,

BM1FE99
BM1FE102
BM1FE128
BM1FE101
BM1FE98

Kind Regards,

Alex

The name of the access course isn't important, what matters are the subjects you study within the Access to HE course. You need to ask your college for details on exactly what subjects are studied at level 3 in each course.

History, English Literature, Politics, Economics, Mathematics, Philosophy and Law are all relevant to PPE, so ideally you should pick an Access course which lets you study at least 2, and preferably 3 of these subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending