RS OCR Religious Studies B 12 mark question help

Watch
citruslemonade
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm doing a 12 mark question which is 'religious people should treat everyone equally' and I can't think of any atheist points on equality.

This is what I have written so far:

Most Christians try to always respect other cultures and beliefs, which fits in with Jesus’ teaching from the story of the Good Samaritan, where a Samaritan helped a man (a Jew) because he was suffering. This wasn’t a common thing to do as Samaritans hated Jews and here he has helped a Jew. Jesus was trying to show that races that hated each other should treat each other as neighbours.

Most Christians promotes quality to everyone by God. Humans are made ‘in the image of God’; this suggests that all humans matter to God and are of equal value, regardless of race, gender, ability, wealth or skills.

Furthermore, Christians who pray to God are listened to and treated without favouritism, ‘God does not show favouritism’, this reflects the belief that God loves everyone equally and as a result of God’s attitude, humans should also treat others with the same respect.

Please could you give me any feedback if thats possible and any atheist view points, I'm not really good at RS and my exam is on the 16th of May :/
alchima
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You wouldn't have a general view like Christians so writing another view can be tricky.
They may believe that everyone who is alive has equal rights and should be treated equally - whether they are religious or not. It what makes someone have good morals. In the case of other religions, atheists would say religious people should respect other peoples' beliefs. You could write about Inter-Faith dialogue where people from different faiths come together to discuss their beliefs.
Not sure if this is right but that's what I would say.
citruslemonade
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by alchima)
You wouldn't have a general view like Christians so writing another view can be tricky.
They may believe that everyone who is alive has equal rights and should be treated equally - whether they are religious or not. It what makes someone have good morals. In the case of other religions, atheists would say religious people should respect other peoples' beliefs. You could write about Inter-Faith dialogue where people from different faiths come together to discuss their beliefs.
Not sure if this is right but that's what I would say.
Thank you, this is really helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (59)
4.7%
Uncertainty around my education (191)
15.22%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (137)
10.92%
Lack of purpose or motivation (179)
14.26%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (56)
4.46%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (70)
5.58%
Loneliness (110)
8.76%
Financial worries (44)
3.51%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (58)
4.62%
Exposure to negative news/social media (58)
4.62%
Lack of real life entertainment (67)
5.34%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (111)
8.84%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (115)
9.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed