NatalieB25
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,
I previously lived and studied at a Scottish uni applying through SAAS for funding. But now I have moved to England (living here since Sep) and plan to study while I am here. I have contacted SFE a number of times and no help was given - I wanted to open an account with them but had trouble online as it said I already had one, which I haven't, but I have a customer reference number which confused me. I was passed back and forward from SFE to SAAS and been told no one can help me. I have no idea what to do next, I fear having previously had a SAAS account and used them for funding will stop me applying this year. This has been going on for about a month and a half. Any help would be appreciated !
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by NatalieB25)
Hi,
I previously lived and studied at a Scottish uni applying through SAAS for funding. But now I have moved to England (living here since Sep) and plan to study while I am here. I have contacted SFE a number of times and no help was given - I wanted to open an account with them but had trouble online as it said I already had one, which I haven't, but I have a customer reference number which confused me. I was passed back and forward from SFE to SAAS and been told no one can help me. I have no idea what to do next, I fear having previously had a SAAS account and used them for funding will stop me applying this year. This has been going on for about a month and a half. Any help would be appreciated !
If you can't apply online use the paper forms: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-f...17/new-student
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there.

We make payments on behalf of SAAS, so if you applied for a loan through SAAS, you will have had an account setup with SLC.

Your account will currently be locked to SAAS however, and you won't be able to apply online to SFE.

You will need to send in a paper PN1 to SFE and when we receive this we will request a transfer of ownership of your account from SAAS.

Once this has been done, you will be able to apply online for SFE as we will then have full access to the account.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (367)
84.17%
No (69)
15.83%

Watched Threads