Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not talking about revision, I'm just talking about what time I should go to sleep, what I should eat before, etc..

In my IGCSE English exam I could hardly focus which scared me because I don't want to be like that in my other exams.

ReputationRep:
    bananas before exam
    sleep at 9pm
    drink a lot of water
    listen to chillaxing music

ReputationRep:
    There is no possible way. I am so sorry

ReputationRep:
    Aim to get 8-9 hours of sleep every night, obviously base what time you go to bed around that, and when you need to be awake.

Some good so-called "brain foods" include stuff like bananas, avocados, blueberries, nuts, any green veg, beetroot, dark chocolate.

Drink plenty of water.

Fit in non-revision time.. Exercise is usually best.

ReputationRep:
    Energy drink , ENERGY DRINK!!!!

Keep your electrolytes connected.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by 2016_GCSE;[url="tel:64730747")
    64730747[/url]]Energy drink , ENERGY DRINK!!!!

Keep your electrolytes connected.
    wait !!!! i think energy drinks are not good fr ur health and they only give u energy temporarily so i recommend that just get good night sleep

ReputationRep:
    I usually have bananas and weetabix, lol

ReputationRep:
    I did this for my GCSE exams: Went to bed around 10 without watching tv or going on your phone. Woke up at around 5 to do some mindmap recap using a whiteboard or some paper, this does not have to look neat it does not even matter if you cant read it, just say it out loud quietly. Had breakfast at around 7, weetabix or some oats are the best you could go for. I usually eat weetabix with bananas, blueberries and some honey. Instead about thinking of your grades and results just think about the content instead some mental revision in your head, while in the car or in the bus stop will take your mind of it. Try to stay away from people who are holding a textbook around trying to frantically revise, they will usually stress you out by asking random questions. Go to the bathroom if you have not already. Don't keep looking at what the invigilators are doing that is where I made a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the tips, I'll test this by getting up at 5 tomorrow and doing some revision. I'll probably have panda eyebags but hopefully it should be worth it! I'll post on this thread tomorrow to tell you how it works out if you want.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.