Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Dear Student Finance England,

I am currently applying for Student Finance. I have signed off the declaration form and am about to send it off. My parents have done their part for my application and the only thing left is providing bank details, which I do not have yet. I applied for a student account, but was told by the bank that I couldn't get one until they get a letter from the university I applied to later on in June/July. I also cannot get a current account at that bank as I am an unemployed student, which instantly puts me to the student account (which I cannot have just yet). With that in mind, what bank details can I provide for the student finance to go to? Could it be my parents' (i.e. my mother's) bank account?

Thank you.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Maria_G)
    Dear Student Finance England,

I am currently applying for Student Finance. I have signed off the declaration form and am about to send it off. My parents have done their part for my application and the only thing left is providing bank details, which I do not have yet. I applied for a student account, but was told by the bank that I couldn't get one until they get a letter from the university I applied to later on in June/July. I also cannot get a current account at that bank as I am an unemployed student, which instantly puts me to the student account (which I cannot have just yet). With that in mind, what bank details can I provide for the student finance to go to? Could it be my parents' (i.e. my mother's) bank account?

Thank you.
    Try putting your parents bank details - although you should be able to open a basic bank account with any bank ( http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ban...-bank-accounts ). Banks can convert an account into a student account once your student status is confirmed (so the account becomes a student account without any changes to the account details - sort code and account number).

Make absolutely sure that you change the details as soon as you have your own bank account sorted out - that account is where your loans will be paid and it must be correct before you start your course.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

Please do not put your parents' bank details. All accounts must be in the students name and this can cause issues if you input these.

You can leave your bank details blank for the time being until you have one set up.

These can be provided at any time, even after your course has begun, however, this of course means we cannot pay you until we have them.

Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.