Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    i've attached you two inequalities that should make sense if you subbing in zero for k (inequality number 1) and for a(inequality number 2) but the text book didn't mention zero as an answer for the range of the values that makes sense in each inequality . just wanted to get your opinion if zero can be an answer for each of blow inequalities thanks. inequality number 1 is +1 at the end not 9, my handwriting is really bad sorry
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alen.m)
    Hi everyone,
    i've attached you two inequalities that should make sense if you subbing in zero for k (inequality number 1) and for a(inequality number 2) but the text book didn't mention zero as an answer for the range of the values that makes sense in each inequality . just wanted to get your opinion if zero can be an answer for each of blow inequalities thanks
    Lmao here was me thinking this thread would be about the inequality of the world or something, but instead it's maths.

Soz I'm no help here

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    i've attached you two inequalities that should make sense if you subbing in zero for k (inequality number 1) and for a(inequality number 2) but the text book didn't mention zero as an answer for the range of the values that makes sense in each inequality . just wanted to get your opinion if zero can be an answer for each of blow inequalities thanks. inequality number 1 is +1 at the end not 9, my handwriting is really bad sorry
    You'll need to show us the question (in full, via photo) and the answer (in full). (does it perchance say that k is a positive constant?)

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I don't quite understand....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    You'll need to show us the question (in full, via photo) and the answer (in full). (does it perchance say that k is a positive constant?)
    here's the full question guys
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    here's the full question guys
    See, it says "k is a positive integer" - 0 is not a positive integer. A positive integer is {1, 2, 3, ... }.

ReputationRep:
    See, it says "k is a positive integer" - 0 is not a positive integer. A positive integer is {1, 2, 3, ... }.
    oh yeah i know that for the second one but for the first one it didn't mention anything about a

ReputationRep:
    that's the full answer of the text book. please let me know what you think this as I'm really confused
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    that's the full answer of the text book. please let me know what you this as I'm really confused
    I think the book is wrong and you are correct, a = 0 is a valid part of the inequality.

ReputationRep:
    I think the book is wrong and you are correct, a = 0 is a valid part of the inequality.
    im spotting loads of mistakes as I'm going through these text books thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    im spotting loads of mistakes as I'm going through these text books )) thanks for your help
    No worries. A-Level textbooks, for the most part, seem to have loads of errors in them.

ReputationRep:
    No worries. A-Level textbooks, for the most part, seem to have loads of errors in them.
    Exactly, it's been like four or five times that i've found errors in the text book so far

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.