Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone last week i did a mock Exam and I got 16/30 in order to pass one has to get 19 marks.

One question i was strugling with was.

"Explain 2 ways the writer of text... Tries to convince the read that music at work is a good idea."

I got no marks on this Question,the teacher wrote a note saying "which language features have you identified".

I did not get a chance to see the teacher, as I study part-time.

What should've I written?

Ps: English is my Second language.

Many thanks
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    when people try to convince they use a lot of persuasive language, emotive language, imperatives, facts about the topic, direct appeal ''you're missing out''

ReputationRep:
    how should have I answered the question?

ReputationRep:
    I believe music at work is a good idea for numerous reasons. Firstly, music cheers people which makes the work atmosphere a much happier place. People clearly work better individually and as a team if spirits are high. I believe work efficiency and productivity would increase dramatically because of this.

pay me £100 if you want more...

ReputationRep:
    Language features could be like:
    -similie
    -Metaphors
    -Personifications
    -Imperative
    -Declarative sentences
    -Facts/opinions
    -Triplets
    -Emphasis
    -Persuasive
    -Structures etc.........

If you find any of these features, just quote the evidence form the text and say what feature it is. Explain it in depth like saying how it affects the readers.
    Music at work:
    -may energize workers
    -may motivate them
    -may create a positive impact
    -keep them working without getting bored
    etc....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datcolouredguy)
    I believe music at work is a good idea for numerous reasons. Firstly, music cheers people which makes the work atmosphere a much happier place. People clearly work better individually and as a team if spirits are high. I believe work efficiency and productivity would increase dramatically because of this.

pay me £100 if you want more...
    Oh wow. Ma i wish I was as clever as you.
    I would defo pay you more than that but unfortunately I dont have the money sowie

That was an awesome answer!

Thank you soooo much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.