Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We're doing 'Hard to Swallow' in Drama for our GCSE, and we're performing it and then writing about it. I'm realllllllly desperate for an A* and feel like I need to relax more when performing. So if anyone has done this or someone just has tips on how to be more confident and achieve A*s in Drama PLEASEEE help,because it will be really appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Drink sips of water before you go performing.

Be confident, if you have lighting - it should block out seeing the audience, so it should make you calmer. Feel like you're performing on TV because your famous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    Drink sips of water before you go performing.

Be confident, if you have lighting - it should block out seeing the audience, so it should make you calmer. Feel like you're performing on TV because your famous!
    Thank you, I really like the TV one Have you done Drama GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    I've recently just finished my GCSE drama unit 3 exam. i was so nervous. All I did was use all those nerves in my performance. And if anything goes wrong like forgetting lines, just improvise, or ask one of your members of group to help improvise with you. Good luck xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelle Ribeiro)
    I've recently just finished my GCSE drama unit 3 exam. i was so nervous. All I did was use all those nerves in my performance. And if anything goes wrong like forgetting lines, just improvise, or ask one of your members of group to help improvise with you. Good luck xx
    If you've done the 'Hard to Swallow' play, could you please walk me through it, because I don't actually know what we're meant to be doing. I think the whole workshop is meant to be filmed and my teacher told me to be seen at all times and centre of attention, but I don't know..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123_123)
    If you've done the 'Hard to Swallow' play, could you please walk me through it, because I don't actually know what we're meant to be doing. I think the whole workshop is meant to be filmed and my teacher told me to be seen at all times and centre of attention, but I don't know..
    Erm I did it in for unit 2. We had to work in many groups and freeze frame and come up with a word of the character. Then we had to do narration of a scene using stuff from the script. And then we had to act out all the girls actions leading up to her death. And we had a talk show. I think that's it.

ReputationRep:
    Erm I did it in for unit 2. We had to work in many groups and freeze frame and come up with a word of the character. Then we had to do narration of a scene using stuff from the script. And then we had to act out all the girls actions leading up to her death. And we had a talk show. I think that's it.
    Okay, thank you so much for your help

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for disturbing, but I was just wondering, is it easy to get a high mark/grade on it?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I really like the TV one Have you done Drama GCSE?
    Yup...AQA Drama. Loved it! My fav subject...

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thank you so much for your help
    No problem and good luck and wish you the best xx

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for disturbing, but I was just wondering, is it easy to get a high mark/grade on it?
    I have no idea what grade I've got for it. Let's just say it was fun but I reckon it is easier just to get atleast an A. Are you in year 10 or 11?

ReputationRep:
    give it your everything, dont worry about peoples thoughts, exaggerate where needed, scream where you should. really get a feel for what life is like as an anorexic (if youre playing the anorexic character) dont be you in other words, be the character

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfaraj)
    give it your everything, dont worry about peoples thoughts, exaggerate where needed, scream where you should. really get a feel for what life is like as an anorexic (if youre playing the anorexic character) dont be you in other words, be the character
    Thank you to everyone who replied. I think I know more about it now: it's the Unit 2, which is 30% of the final grade, and we're going to be doing a workshop and we're assessed on how well we work with others, but my teacher said that like one person from the previous year got an A* - so it isn't 'impossible', but that sounds like it is..I don't know how to get a high grade?

ReputationRep:
    If you're 16, go to Superdrug and pick up a pack of their 'Be Calm' pills. I usually pop one ~30 minutes before an exam and it helps a lot with nerves. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.