Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The way a girl takes a complement? watch

Announcements

There are different ways girls take compliments. And they all mean if they like you or not?

You compliment her...

1. She ignores it and moves the conversation on. Safe to premuse she has no interest in you?

2. She just says thanks. So she acknowledged your compliment. She must be interested

3. She compliments you back. This must mean she is interested and find you attractive?

ReputationRep:
    I hate to be cliche, but it depends on the girl

None of those answers show that she is/ is not interested in you.

Pretty much the only way you can tell is by asking "do you want to go on a date"

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I don't like getting compliments so I usually just change the conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There are different ways girls take compliments. And they all mean if they like you or not?

You compliment her...

1. She ignores it and moves the conversation on. Safe to premuse she has no interest in you?

2. She just says thanks. So she acknowledged your compliment. She must be interested

3. She compliments you back. This must mean she is interested and find you attractive?
    So inaccurate for myself and people I know I would compliment them back to be nice and friendly, or just say thanks to be nice. I would never ignore it unless the compliment was a dumb catcall or something ya know?

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends how the compliment is given too. Im more likely to acknowledge it if it had been said in person compared to in a text, where im inclined to ignore it a bit more. Im not good at taking compliments anyway though, so others pribably respond differently.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 11, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.