Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I would like to create a website for students which would basically involve hosting the university papers.

Am I allowed to host the University's papers on my website? I just wanted to make sure I would not run into legal problems down the road. As I noticed you need to be a student to access them on the library website in the first place

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'd have to get permission from the uni to do something like that, the past papers are their property.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You most definitely will run into legal issues.

The uni own them

ReputationRep:
    I know plenty of people who do what you want to do, not much of a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would a University Rep be able to respond to this?

Also if I were hosting the Moodle solutions, would there be similar problems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by universitytoo)
    Would a University Rep be able to respond to this?

Also if I were hosting the Moodle solutions, would there be similar problems?
    hi,

all materials are the property of the university of glasgow and such must remain property of the university of glasgow. past papers are posted on the library website as they can be protected do that only student and staff can access them. moodle is a definite no go as from time to time schools may reuse questions and if you post them then that invalidates the test. you would not be allowed to post any past papers from the university i would imagine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.