Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to revise?! Help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Our head teacher scrapped study leave, so I still have to attend school during my exams. I personally find revising at home more beneficial to me, as I get distracted by friends or just by the class being really noisy. It's as if they don't realise we have exams!

I don't know whether I should just revise at home and not turn up at school, what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieMonster456)
    Our head teacher scrapped study leave, so I still have to attend school during my exams. I personally find revising at home more beneficial to me, as I get distracted by friends or just by the class being really noisy. It's as if they don't realise we have exams!

I don't know whether I should just revise at home and not turn up at school, what should I do?
    You should turn up to school and if there are really distractions around you then just request to go to a quieter place like the library at your school or ask your teacher to make the people around you stop the distractions or just block them out and try and focus on what you're doing. My school scrapped study leave too so I have to revise in my lessons. I understand your situation and if the teachers are not stopping and maintaining these students from creating any sorts of distractions then just leave and go to a more quiet place because this is your one and only chance, don't let anything come in the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've found a revision technique that suits me. I fist go thorough my books and highlight key points reading them as I go along. I then write down the key points into a revision book while the book is closed and only opening it if i'm suck on a question.
    I have also found if you print out past paper and use two different coloured pens such as red and blue. For example, you could
    write all the things you already know in blue and the things you needed your notes to answer in red. You will then know the things you need to concentrate on as they will all be in red and i've found that this saves a lot of time.
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Do your best at school, but maybe take a few days off if you really need to. Chances are you will already have your report etc etc so attendance isn't so important at this stage. Maybe ask your teacher to ask the class to work in total silence, I've done this this week and it actually works, everyone does want to work but it's hard when everyone else is talking. Good luck

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.