Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaZZZ)
    congratulations , he got a degree and now he is a driving examiner? :confused:

can i ask if you don't mind, what test was this, your 1st?
    yes it was my first. i had a crap time learning, took em over a year- i hated it and stopped several times for more than a month, someone then drove into me and wrote of my mum's car 2 months ago so i lost a lot of confidence. but now i have a lovely shiny car to drive

the degree thing si weird, he has a surverying degree, did that for a while then became a driving instructor for BSM then an examiner (my intructor was suprised he had given up surveying as well)

anyway i got to drive off to work!

lou xxx

(Original post by lou p lou)
    anyway i got to drive off to work!
    lol, have fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    thanks 4ed. i passed! and only burst into tears once during the actual test...ooops, i was reserving round the worst corner in town (it's on a hill and we live in a very flat place) and i kinda reversed straight into the cerb (not jus a little nudge, a huge thud) and i just burst into tears, lol, but i started again and did it perfectly but was so sure i'd failed. lol, i was so shakey after that though (it had happened in the first 10 minutes) that i got all flustered and got 11 minors (on mock tests i've had about 4) :rolleyes:

already been out driving! oh and one of my good mates had the test before me and passed as well (we were using sign language in the test centre carpark)
    lou xxx
    well done you! i thought you automatically failed if u hit the kerb in a manouveure! or that's wat my instructor told me...

i thought if anything, that i was going to fail on my normal driving, since my manouveures are normally fine esp turn in the road. the nerves got to me as we were driving up this morning, which meant that i got about 4 minors on my parellel park AND turn in the road combined....
    the examiner was ok, wasn't very chatty, so i was pretty tense. it was also annoying because it was an easy route - max speed 30mph and no big roundabouts - next time we'll end up doing a manouveure i hate (reversing around corner)
    damn i wanted to drive to the orchestral course i'm going on next week.... now i can't do that any more...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    well done you! i thought you automatically failed if u hit the kerb in a manouveure! or that's wat my instructor told me...

i thought if anything, that i was going to fail on my normal driving, since my manouveures are normally fine esp turn in the road. the nerves got to me as we were driving up this morning, which meant that i got about 4 minors on my parellel park AND turn in the road combined....
    the examiner was ok, wasn't very chatty, so i was pretty tense. it was also annoying because it was an easy route - max speed 30mph and no big roundabouts - next time we'll end up doing a manouveure i hate (reversing around corner)
    damn i wanted to drive to the orchestral course i'm going on next week.... now i can't do that any more...
    that really sucks actually.

i remember once saying 'bleh if you fail then you dont deserve to pass because youre not ready'.

im gonna have to eat my words because thats clearly *******s.

there are SOOOOOOOO many people that deserve to pass but dont just because of circumstance (of course there are many that just THINK they shouldve passed but are really a danger to the road).

and plus the examiners may be in a bad mood which isnt fair on you (or a good mood, which wouldnt be fair on everyone else)

sucks, but there isnt anything you can do

just call up for cancellations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    You should! But hey well done Lou!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    hmmm the next dates aren't till early September.... should I book now and ring up for cancellations?

*wonders how lou did
    If you're serious about passing before you go to uni, then yes. You might get lucky.

Congratulations Lou!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My sister's boyfriend failed his test 5 times before he passed. And the first time he failed he got 7 major faults. Even when he passed he got 14 minors!

ReputationRep:
    i actually asked my instructor about the hitting the kerb thing cos i really thought i had failed and was so angry with myself all through my test- i stalled once starting off after i'd been pulled over and actually said outloud 'oh well i'd screwed it up after 10 minutes'.. at which point the examiner told me to try and forget any previous mistakes i'd made. anyway the hitting the kerb thing- if you hit it during a 3 point turn they might fail you (but it's not 100%), depends how hard. my reverse round a corner wasn't a fail cos i restarted the manouvre completely (and did it perfect so only got a minor for having to restart)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    examiners have too much power..they're all sadists...plain and simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TELEPATHICTUBBY)
    examiners have too much power..they're all sadists...plain and simple.
    sorry to dig this up again...i disagree... my instructor even said to me afterwards *see examiners are human* cos mine was such a nice guy. and when he said i'd passed i was like *what? uh? i thought i'd failed*... and he asked me why and i said *cos i reversed into a kerb* (note: don't try and do this to your examiner, he might just change his mind) and he asked me what i'd do if that happened if i was out on my own + said i'd start again, and that's what i'd done on the test so it was ok... i may just have been lucky to get a human examiner, and thank god i don't have top go through it again (i slept so well last night, no longer thinking up weird senarios that could happen)

lou xxx

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.