The Student Room Group

iGCSE biology edexcel May 17th predictions

So on the 17th of May 2016 we have the iGCSE biology paper one. Any predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _rahulchadha
So on the 17th of May 2016 we have the iGCSE biology paper one. Any predictions?

Edexcel board right? Everything on the spec. Lol. :colonhash:
[QUOTE=_rahulchadha;64735271]So on the 17th of May 2016 we have the iGCSE biology paper one. Any predictions?

i m having it too just hoping it would be easy :'(
Reply 3
Is it worth looking into past papers from 2012-2015? Because I did that with Human Bio, and it came out not how I expected.
yes ofcourse past papers help u alot !!!!
Reply 5
Do you gys mind sharing your bio and chem notes as i have been in hospital for 3 weeks
There's going to be questions on leaves and photosynthesis, my worst topic... arghhhhh I'm sure it'll go fine though. Biology is my best science and I'm confident I know most of the subject material.:redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by george_c00per
There's going to be questions on leaves and photosynthesis, my worst topic... arghhhhh I'm sure it'll go fine though. Biology is my best science and I'm confident I know most of the subject material.:redface:

R u sure?
Original post by exoexo13
R u sure?

Not for definite but combined with my (bad) luck and fact that it's one of the main topics of GCSE Biology, I'd put money on saying it will be on the paper.
Original post by george_c00per
Not for definite but combined with my (bad) luck and fact that it's one of the main topics of GCSE Biology, I'd put money on saying it will be on the paper.

Hello! Can you tell me what are the things we are supposed to know about the structure of the urinary system, the nephrons and about ultrafiltration? I'm having a feeling that this is gonna come up. Btw can menstrual cycle come?
i think, they will ask about reproduction, can they ask about tooth decay, it's not in the spec but it is in the igcse educe bio textbook, also do we need to learn about anaphase, metaphase etc..
Hope there won't be messed up questions like the potato question from human bio.
I'm doing it this year
There will probably be something on the rate of photosynthesis, beer or yoghurt making, deficiencies in plants
Cloning, dna, heart, lungs, kidneys, digestion, fungi, GMOs, hormones, reproduction, carbon cycle, nitrogen cycle, classification, quadrat stuff, eutrophication, natural selection, fish farming, monoculture (basically everything)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hamza.sheikh
Hello! Can you tell me what are the things we are supposed to know about the structure of the urinary system, the nephrons and about ultrafiltration? I'm having a feeling that this is gonna come up. Btw can menstrual cycle come?

Probably what happens, what is in the glomerular filtrate, what's reabsorbed where, where ADH acts and what it does, why all of this is important

Key structures (I'm sorry if slightly wrong)
Glomerulus
Bowman's capsule
Proximal convoluted tubule,
Loop of Henle
Distal convoluted tubule
Collecting duct (ADH acts here, making the walls selectively permeable to water)

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="themightysandu;64764751"]Probably what happens, what is in the glomerular filtrate, what's reabsorbed where, where ADH acts and what it does, why all of this is important

Glomerulus
Bowman's capsule
Loop of Henle
Distal convoluted tubule
Collecting duct (ADH acts here, making the walls selectively permeable to water)

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

Do we need to know about the loop of henle?
[QUOTE="exoexo13;64765305"]
Original post by themightysandu
Probably what happens, what is in the glomerular filtrate, what's reabsorbed where, where ADH acts and what it does, why all of this is important

Glomerulus
Bowman's capsule
Loop of Henle
Distal convoluted tubule

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

Do we need to know about the loop of henle?

My teacher makes sure we know everything and a bit of extra knowledge can't hurt, might even boost examiners faith in our generation, because so little people take this seriously (at least in my school)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Coordination and response by Plants? The geotropism and phototropism can also come..
Original post by hamza.sheikh
Coordination and response by Plants? The geotropism and phototropism can also come..

Yes and that

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=george_c00per;64759419]There's going to be questions on leaves and photosynthesis, my worst topic... arghhhhh I'm sure it'll go fine though. Biology is my best science and I'm confident I know most of the subject material.:redface:

photosynthesis and leaves those r easy i think ...:smile:
Original post by themightysandu

Can you give me some tips for exam technique? And for those experimental and investigation questions/suggesting improvements and all. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest