The Student Room Group

iGCSE biology edexcel May 17th predictions

Scroll to see replies

Do i cram for the test all night as i got brilliant short term memory or wake up at 5 and cram from then?
All night! :smile:
Original post by waleed29
Do i cram for the test all night as i got brilliant short term memory or wake up at 5 and cram from then?
Are you ?

Pull the all nighter like the rest of us man!!!

cram for it all night, that is what I am doing
How do i cram ?
And is their a study chat were we can motivate each other?
I don't suggest an all nighter.
First your brain need some rest so that you can actually think while doing that paper
And second you don't want your head hurting while doing the paper.
So get yourself some sleep. Wake up in the morning then cram.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys the exam is at 1:45....just wake up early and cram in the morning!
i crammed, got an A* lol
Reply 210
My exam starts at 4pm so I just woke up and back to the books :biggrin:
well if the exams in the afternoon at 1:45, and you don't have any exams before that, then you can cram all night probably up to 5am and then sleep till 12am therefore giving you 7 hours of sleep

problem solved
Reply 212
Original post by dance25
Thanks! why are the seeds killed? like why is malt made? - that's a really poorly phrased q aha

Barley seeds are killed after sprouting and only 4% of water remains as this stops the breakdown of starch and so it remains as Maltose.
The seeds will then be ground to produce malt and its turned to mash and with the addition of water, the breakdown of starch begins again.
Solids are strained to produce WORT
This is boiled with hops (Its a flower used to give flavour, and also sterilises)
Hops are boiled for several hours
Wort is fermented by yeast (Saccharomyces) for 7-10 days

Yeah XP I hope that explained it in some way
Original post by Shaudi
Barley seeds are killed after sprouting and only 4% of water remains as this stops the breakdown of starch and so it remains as Maltose.
The seeds will then be ground to produce malt and its turned to mash and with the addition of water, the breakdown of starch begins again.
Solids are strained to produce WORT
This is boiled with hops (Its a flower used to give flavour, and also sterilises)
Hops are boiled for several hours
Wort is fermented by yeast (Saccharomyces) for 7-10 days

Yeah XP I hope that explained it in some way

thank you!!
How to use a quadrat?And what is scaling?!
Original post by Abodee1
How to use a quadrat?And what is scaling?!

Scaling is when you multiply the results from your quadrat

Quadrats are usually 1m squared- so if you counted 7 plants in this quadrat you would multiply it for 10 for a 10m squared area ( so about 70 plants in the area you are investigating )

Does that make sense?
Original post by dance25
Scaling is when you multiply the results from your quadrat

Quadrats are usually 1m squared- so if you counted 7 plants in this quadrat you would multiply it for 10 for a 10m squared area ( so about 70 plants in the area you are investigating )

Does that make sense?

Yes, thank you!!
Currently at school revising carbon cycle then gm and then next lesson health and social and then the exam good luck everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you guys think its a good idea to keep revising 2 hours before the exam?
Good luck everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending