Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Animal Welfare Bill watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The RSPCA want to see a new animal welfare bill drawn up so that animals can be helped beofre its too late:
    www.rspca.org.uk/actnow

Its a very good cause and there is a petition there to sign as well, to try to get the government to act...

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    The RSPCA want to see a new animal welfare bill drawn up so that animals can be helped beofre its too late:
    www.rspca.org.uk/actnow

Its a very good cause and there is a petition there to sign as well, to try to get the government to act...

Ruthie xx
    Good thread

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably hate me for posting this (I'm not attacking anyone!!) but I would prefer government resources to be used for preventing child abuse. I am fully against animal abuse but you have to prioritise the issues - I put children higher on the list than animals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    You'll probably hate me for posting this (I'm not attacking anyone!!) but I would prefer government resources to be used for preventing child abuse. I am fully against animal abuse but you have to prioritise the issues - I put children higher on the list than animals.
    Yeah of course, but this is an addition to law that i think would be very beneficial. At the moment people from the RSPCA cannot intervene unless the animal is actually suffering, under these new rules they could prevent the animal suffering at all....
    Obviously there are lots of other things in the world that need to be done as well, I'm not saying this is the only thing.....
    Just thought it was worth bringing up...

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah of course, but this is an addition to law that i think would be very beneficial. At the moment people from the RSPCA cannot intervene unless the animal is actually suffering, under these new rules they could prevent the animal suffering at all....
    Obviously there are lots of other things in the world that need to be done as well, I'm not saying this is the only thing.....
    Just thought it was worth bringing up...

Ruthie xx
    Definitely.

ps- just had a random thought... When someone buys a pet, do they have to pay tax on it??:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    Definitely.

ps- just had a random thought... When someone buys a pet, do they have to pay tax on it??:confused:
    erm... i don't think so....
    you mean like there is a tax on cigarettes etc...
    when we got our dog, we just gave a cheque to the breeder and then we took him home

ReputationRep:
    erm... i don't think so....
    you mean like there is a tax on cigarettes etc...
    when we got our dog, we just gave a cheque to the breeder and then we took him home
    Hmmm. Was thinking more if you bought a pet from a pet shop.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    What does my head in is that the RSPCA recieves no government funding, yet many laws exists which state that in certain situations the RSPCA must intervene. If the government are using the RSPCA, surely they should help keep them going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homegrownkitten)
    What does my head in is that the RSPCA recieves no government funding, yet many laws exists which state that in certain situations the RSPCA must intervene. If the government is using the RSPCA, surely they should hepl keep them going.
    i agree the government should make up thier mind

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I gree children (well all people) before animals, but it doesn't work like that. Not changing this law is not going to stop any child from being abused and we can have this law and still fight child cruelty.

ReputationRep:
    www.rspca.org.uk/actnow

Ruthie xx
    Great thread, I signed the petition. I think that it is rediculous that the RSPCA have to wait so long before helping an animal in trouble.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.