The Student Room Group

Cant re-apply!

Hi,
I am just about to finish my first year of uni and I want to change course and uni so I re-applied and got an unconditional offer from the uni I now want to attend.
I then went to apply for student finance again but can't because I am already receiving finance. Do I need to withdraw from my current course before I can re apply for finance.
I believe you receive 4 years of finance?
Thanks
Original post by justdave97
Hi,
I am just about to finish my first year of uni and I want to change course and uni so I re-applied and got an unconditional offer from the uni I now want to attend.
I then went to apply for student finance again but can't because I am already receiving finance. Do I need to withdraw from my current course before I can re apply for finance.
I believe you receive 4 years of finance?
Thanks

If you're changing course then complete your application for next year as a CONTINUING student. There's a section that asks whether you'll be on the same course and there you can give details of the move if you're 100% sure that it is going ahead (if there's any doubt then you apply as if you're continuing your course and then once it is confirmed you notify SFE of a change in circumstances).

You get 1 "gift" year to allow for restarting again after first year or repeating a year. If you're restarting then you will be using this year (so remember that if something happens in future and you need to resit a year then the second extra year wont be funded).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending