Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have a conditional offer for midwifery at Oxford Brookes, so I have the option of Paul Kent, creasant, Cheney student village or Friars court for Accomodation. I'd like a bigger place than Friars so that's off the table.
    I'm unsure whether to go for ensuit or not, what do people recommend??
    Also I have the debate between the extra cost of Cheney and the distance of Paul Kent and creasant, along with Cheney supposedly being loud which I don't want with shift work.
    Just want to know health care students experiences and recommendations of the halls, really don't know which to put as my first choice!!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by hannah_frost)
    Hey, I have a conditional offer for midwifery at Oxford Brookes, so I have the option of Paul Kent, creasant, Cheney student village or Friars court for Accomodation. I'd like a bigger place than Friars so that's off the table.
    I'm unsure whether to go for ensuit or not, what do people recommend??
    Also I have the debate between the extra cost of Cheney and the distance of Paul Kent and creasant, along with Cheney supposedly being loud which I don't want with shift work.
    Just want to know health care students experiences and recommendations of the halls, really don't know which to put as my first choice!!
    Cheney can be loud but you'll be with other Midwifery or Nursing students because of the shift work so it'll only be external noise which won't have that much of an effect. Paul Kent and Crescent tend to be a little quieter and you should still be grouped with fellow midwives/nurses but I don't know if this is assured or not.

Best bet is to ring the accomadation bureau, check that you'll be grouped with nurses/midwives and then make a decision. The distance shouldn't be a factor for Crescent/PK just because you get the free bus pass and the stops to get the bus Marston Road campus are literally outside the halls.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.