The Student Room Group

Birth Certificate Reference Number

Hi,

I'm in the process of sending off my proof of identity but I've ran into a problem. It is asking for my "Birth Certificate Reference Number" but I do not know what this is. I have both my long and short birth certificates, and between them they have 3 different numbers on them.

On the long certificate there is a single indented reference number in the bottom right hand corner (3 letters followed by 6 numbers).

On the short there are two; in the top right hand corner there are 2 letters followed by 6 numbers and then in the bottom left hand corner there is a black code in small font, consisting of a mix of letters and numbers.
Original post by 16Characters....
Hi,

I'm in the process of sending off my proof of identity but I've ran into a problem. It is asking for my "Birth Certificate Reference Number" but I do not know what this is. I have both my long and short birth certificates, and between them they have 3 different numbers on them.

On the long certificate there is a single indented reference number in the bottom right hand corner (3 letters followed by 6 numbers).

On the short there are two; in the top right hand corner there are 2 letters followed by 6 numbers and then in the bottom left hand corner there is a black code in small font, consisting of a mix of letters and numbers.

2 letters and 6 numbers is your reference number :smile:
Original post by PQ
2 letters and 6 numbers is your reference number :smile:

Thanks. I called SFE this morning just to be safe, didn't want to have to send it again :-) (but then had to rush out to college so wasn't able to update here). Their advice was just to leave the box blank, as long as I sent the certificate.
Reply 3
If you dont mind me asking, which birth certificate did you send off to them?

Quick Reply