The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by marethyu
Hi, just a few questions I'd like to ask:
where are all the medicine lectures/practicals held?

The practicals are at the Downing Site and the lectures are divided between there and the Sidgwick Site (possibly moving due to renovations, you might have some at the New Museums Site)

are there any non-college specific central bike racks to keep bikes e.g at downing site or at the uni library?

Yes, every site has plenty of bike racks

are we allowed to leave cambridge overnight or just for the day on weekends during term-time to visit home?

You can, but you need permission from the Porters and you need to make sure you spend a certain number of weeks in college per term. In reality people don't tell them and as long as there isn't a fire alarm they won't know - but if there was you'd be in big trouble

is there anything to do in freshers week if you don't drink alcohol-everything I've seen is very drink orientated?

You can do everything that people who drink do, just without drinking! Plenty of things in Fresher's week don't involve alcohol

...and most importantly, would this be a suitable bike lock or is it too rubbish: http://www.tesco.com/direct/bike-d-lock/600-8931.prd?skuId=600-8931
Thanks

Looks perfect :smile:
I am worried sick, it's like my body is 24/7 in fight-or-flight mode. Guess not gonna be able to sleep today either.
Original post by Insight314
I am worried sick, it's like my body is 24/7 in fight-or-flight mode. Guess not gonna be able to sleep today either.

oh well at least it's over in 2 days
you got this fam

Posted from TSR Mobile
I normally treat philosophical thought with suspicion but you know what, I am starting to feel quite excited.

On thursday morning we either find out we have gotten into Cambridge (obviously good), or that we haven't. Now maybe it is just because I have convinced myself that I have missed my offer, but the latter doesn't scare me. Reading the bad news would not suddenly strip us of knowledge or make us lazy or demotivated (unless we let it). These qualities matter far more (to me atleast) than going to Cambridge specifically.

PS I am sure you have all smashed your offers anyway.
Original post by 16Characters....
I normally treat philosophical thought with suspicion but you know what, I am starting to feel quite excited.

On thursday morning we either find out we have gotten into Cambridge (obviously good), or that we haven't. Now maybe it is just because I have convinced myself that I have missed my offer, but the latter doesn't scare me. Reading the bad news would not suddenly strip us of knowledge or make us lazy or demotivated (unless we let it). These qualities matter far more (to me atleast) than going to Cambridge specifically.

PS I am sure you have all smashed your offers anyway.

I agree with you. I am also excited for results day, but I am also so afraid if I had failed. Whatever happens after Thursday, whether I am in Cambridge or rejected, I will continue working through IA. The only difference would be that if I do miss my offer, I would need to plan any other studies (except IA) that I would do this year when re-applying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gonna try and go to sleep now. Good night to anyone still lurking this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Step is tmmrw. Wow whoah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Step is tmmrw. Wow whoah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Suppose there exists an integer in the interval (0,1) (0,1) . By the well ordering principle, there exists a smallest element n n in our set of integers in this interval, S S . So 0<n<10<n2<n<1 0<n<1 \Rightarrow 0<n^{2} < n <1 so n2S n^2 \in S . But this is smaller than our assumed smallest integer n n - contradiction, there are no integers between 0 and 1.
*Looks over at A level results day countdown*
Damn
Original post by EnglishMuon
Suppose there exists an integer in the interval (0,1) (0,1) . By the well ordering principle, there exists a smallest element n n in our set of integers in this interval, S S . So 0<n<10<n2<n<1 0<n<1 \Rightarrow 0<n^{2} < n <1 so n2S n^2 \in S . But this is smaller than our assumed smallest integer n n - contradiction, there are no integers between 0 and 1.
*Looks over at A level results day countdown*
Damn

Shut up bob.
Well ordering is basically just common sense like you don't leave milk on the kitcheb counter ygm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Shut up bob.
Well ordering is basically just common sense like you don't leave milk on the kitcheb counter ygm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol u wat m8. and actually i do often leave it on the counter wen i frget so put dat on ur cereals
lol u wat m8. and actually i do often leave it on the counter wen i frget so put dat on ur cereals

Shut it bob.
Welll ordering is just common sense ygm.
Its like common sense to put cereal in the bowl before milk cause you can adjust the milk after to counteract any mistakes in cereal pouring.
YgM

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shut it bob.
Welll ordering is just common sense ygm.
Its like common sense to put cereal in the bowl before milk cause you can adjust the milk after to counteract any mistakes in cereal pouring.
YgM

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol u wat m9. and actually put the milk in first and u can adjust cereals to counteract any mistakes in milkpouring. ygm.
lol u wat m9. and actually put the milk in first and u can adjust cereals to counteract any mistakes in milkpouring. ygm.

Na bruvvvv.
You can't take milk out of bowl where u gna put it.
Mate u is full dumb rn.
U basically just got UU in step and C in C1 with them comments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Na bruvvvv.
You can't take milk out of bowl where u gna put it.
Mate u is full dumb rn.
U basically just got UU in step and C in C1 with them comments.

Posted from TSR Mobile

so dat means we can be homerton buddies then?
I like Cheerios
so dat means we can be homerton buddies then?

Mate even homerton aint accepting u if u dnt know how to pre-pare cereal.
Yes. Even homerton. Im cussing my own college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Serine Soul
I like Cheerios

You have made an enemy
Original post by Mathemagicien
You have made an enemy

Hush Unspecial K
Mate even homerton aint accepting u if u dnt know how to pre-pare cereal.
Yes. Even homerton. Im cussing my own college.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When Homerton gets grilled 24/7 :K:...

Latest

Trending

Trending