The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serine Soul
Everyone pumped for D1 tomorrow?

I don't need to improve it at all. I learnt it this week in between other stuff and got an A in a paper so decided not to bother doing more prep :teehee:.

Original post by Mostly_Crazy

Same! A few months ago I felt totally fine about the idea of going to Durham, but the more work I've put in the more attached I am to Cambridge. I'd be pretty crushed if I didn't get in now...

:console:

It's the opposite for me, I think. For the longest period of time I kept thinking about the shame and disappointment I'd feel if/when I didn't meet my offer but I've grown to realise that I'd probably be okay elsewhere. It'd suck and people will most likely be horrible about it given the fact they don't think I deserved an offer in the first place (possibly projection :tongue:) but I'll get over it most probably.

I know that feeling... I got an A* in my Biol5 mock but that was about 3 months ago, I've done literally nothing since and I'm not convinced I remember much... Serious cramming time this weekend, I think :colondollar:

Indeed. I'll probably try to start asap after M2 and D1 this afternoon. 3 months isn't so long in comparison to a couple years ago :tongue:.
3 hours of terror are over. Decision 1? more like Drawing 1
Didn't finish the paper but hopefully made up for it in M2 which was pretty decent!
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Didn't finish the paper but hopefully made up for it in M2 which was pretty decent!

Scheduling and gantt was just harsh tbf :frown: M2 is always fun though
Original post by CaraJames

So harsh! I skipped the scheduling bit to gain some marks in linear programming so I think I've lost quite a few marks but I only need to get 80 in D1 thankfully...
M2 was a decent exam, but doing it straight after D1 the first question was a bit of a nightmare. Got into the swing of things eventually :smile:

Original post by CaraJames

So harsh! I skipped the scheduling bit to gain some marks in linear programming so I think I've lost quite a few marks but I only need to get 80 in D1 thankfully...
M2 was a decent exam, but doing it straight after D1 the first question was a bit of a nightmare. Got into the swing of things eventually :smile:

Well done for completing your clash - I'm pooped!

D1 I don't think many people at all finished

Good thinking skipping the scheduling. Linear is easier/more guaranteed marks anyway.

M2 was a weird paper. A lot of people in my year weren't happy with it
Original post by Student403
Well done for completing your clash - I'm pooped!

D1 I don't think many people at all finished

Good thinking skipping the scheduling. Linear is easier/more guaranteed marks anyway.

M2 was a weird paper. A lot of people in my year weren't happy with it

Sleep is much needed right now!
Haha yeah definitely salvaged some marks in the linear programming, though I didn't do the last part but meh, 3 marks when I could have potentially lost marks from the whole of the last question if i focused on the scheduling.

Yeah the paper deviated a lot from their typical questions (and that first 8 marker, they love their fkn alphabet this year 😂) but that seems to be the case with every Edexcel exam this year :frown:
Sleep is much needed right now!
Haha yeah definitely salvaged some marks in the linear programming, though I didn't do the last part but meh, 3 marks when I could have potentially lost marks from the whole of the last question if i focused on the scheduling.

Yeah the paper deviated a lot from their typical questions (and that first 8 marker, they love their fkn alphabet this year 😂) but that seems to be the case with every Edexcel exam this year :frown:

So true!

Are you looking at full in M2? :biggrin:
So true!

Are you looking at full in M2? :biggrin:

Potentially! I had half an hour left at the end and spotted a few errors that I made which I corrected and literally redid every calculation again, but honestly at this stage I would be happy as long as it is in the 90s 😂
Potentially! I had half an hour left at the end and spotted a few errors that I made which I corrected and literally redid every calculation again, but honestly at this stage I would be happy as long as it is in the 90s 😂

Well done!

Wow well done! :smile: That's terrific to hear :h:
I wouldn't be surprised with a 65 raw in D1. For some reason I couldn't do the matching in question 1, I put every activity on a separate line for the gannt chart, and I skipped the 3 marker scheduling after a half-hearted attempt that I could see was failing.
On the bright side, the core of the material I was OK with, so linear programming, prim's, dijkstra's and algorithms was fine.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
:console:

It's the opposite for me, I think. For the longest period of time I kept thinking about the shame and disappointment I'd feel if/when I didn't meet my offer but I've grown to realise that I'd probably be okay elsewhere. It'd suck and people will most likely be horrible about it given the fact they don't think I deserved an offer in the first place (possibly projection :tongue:) but I'll get over it most probably.

That's probably a healthier attitude to have towards it than mine :redface:

Why do (you think) people think you didn't deserve it?
Original post by EricPiphany
Well done!

Wow well done! :smile: That's terrific to hear :h:

Thank you! :smile:

I wouldn't be surprised with a 65 raw in D1. For some reason I couldn't do the matching in question 1, I put every activity on a separate line for the gannt chart, and I skipped the 3 marker scheduling after a half-hearted attempt that I could see was failing.
On the bright side, the core of the material I was OK with, so linear programming, prim's, dijkstra's and algorithms was fine.

Yeah, that matching was unusually long! :-/ Haha I saw the 3 marks for the scheduling and was like okay there must be some quick way of doing this... :s-smilie: 65 raw is good! Suspect that the grade boundaries are likely to be slightly lower given the general consensus so far
M2 I messed up on the com. Everything else was fine. Something over 66 but no idea. Sigh. It was meant to save me and may well be under 90 UMS.

D1 I wasn't taking seriously but probably 60 something out of 75 raw.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Thank you! :smile:

Yeah, that matching was unusually long! :-/ Haha I saw the 3 marks for the scheduling and was like okay there must be some quick way of doing this... :s-smilie: 65 raw is good! Suspect that the grade boundaries are likely to be slightly lower given the general consensus so far

They pretty much put all the annoying drawing questions in that take forever and then decided they'd make it 8 questions instead of 7 as well haha

It's ridiculous how a module like D1 is just down to how quickly you can mindlessly write -.-

Unlucky with Q1
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
M2 I messed up on the com. Everything else was fine. Something over 66 but no idea. Sigh. It was meant to save me and may well be under 90 UMS.

D1 I wasn't taking seriously but probably 60 something out of 75 raw.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I think you'll get 90 UMS in this. A* would be 67-68 my best guess
I've had a celebratory nap because D1 is over, even though I probably got a C in it :h:

Most important exams of my life so far next week though
Original post by Serine Soul
I've had a celebratory nap because D1 is over, even though I probably got a C in it :h:

Most important exams of my life so far next week though

Same step III M5 ooh.
I got 1 question right in D1 😂. Tried 3 of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Same step III M5 ooh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just thinking about STEP and any naths module with an 'M' in front makes me feel funny.
Good luck man

:five:
I thought it was such an accomplishment that I finished the paper until I realised I did most of it wrong :lol:
Original post by physicsmaths
Same step III M5 ooh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

when's your physics?

Latest

Trending

Trending