Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heya.

I've got an unconditional for a BU Msc. Programme and I wanted to ask which Accommodation halls is the best in terms of social experience? The options as a postgrad student are limited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MisterJackson271)
    Heya.

I've got an unconditional for a BU Msc. Programme and I wanted to ask which Accommodation halls is the best in terms of social experience? The options as a postgrad student are limited.
    Hi there MisterJackson271,

My name is Steve and I'm a final year student at BU studying Business Studies. I'm also a Student Ambassador for the University here on TSR.

Firstly, congrats on your unconditional offer!

It depends on what social experience you're after! If you like to party then the better options are probably the accommodation options that are shared with Undergraduate first year students (Chesil, Dorchester and to a lesser extent Corfe and the Student Village). However, if you're looking for a more relaxed and different social atmosphere, the Post-Graduate only accommodation (that's not to say they don't party too!!), Okeford House or St John's Road are maybe better options.

Alternatively, have you considered any of the alternative accommodation options? These of course aren't managed by the same companies as the BU accommodation, but they offer a similar living experience as halls of residence. I've attached the link just in case you wanted to look into these further.

I hope that is helpful, do you have any other queries?

Steve Moss

ReputationRep:
    Are Unilets only available for undergrads?

I'd rather live in a house with a handful of other people (preferably other PGs or UGs who are 21+) rather than in halls. Better standard of rooms and cheaper too.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Matt1111)
    Are Unilets only available for undergrads?

I'd rather live in a house with a handful of other people (preferably other PGs or UGs who are 21+) rather than in halls. Better standard of rooms and cheaper too.
    Hello,

You're right, Unilet properties are only for undergraduate students due to the 41 week tenancy.

But it's not all bad news! There are plenty of private rentals available, and we have a letting service to help you out. You can find out more here.

Is there anything else you'd like to know about joining us?

Katie

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.