The Student Room Group

Mature student Application

Just after some help or advice...

I'm 23, have varied GCSE'S from school , C in P.E, C in geography and D's in maths, english and science. I have a merit in First BTEC diploma in sport which was a one year course at college, and I have all my key skills passed to the highest level.

I have other qualications of a BTEC 2 level, but not in the area I want to go into which is Sport of some sort.

Can I get into uni somehow with these qualifications? There must be a way somehow?

Any help much appreicated.
Go on UCAS website
Enter the course you want to do and country you live in
Pick a provider
See what the entry requirements are
You will need a level 3 qualification of some sort, such as level 3 BTEC in sport, A levels or an access course. Of these three, access is generally quickest, and the easiest to arrange for a mature student. Sports Science at university includes biomechanics as a core module, which is quite heavy on physics and maths (Newtonian mechanics). Psychology, physiology & anatomy, and nutrition make up the other core subjects, so if this is the kind of course that interests you, you should ideally look for an access course that includes biology, physics and psychology.

You should also consider retaking your GCSEs in maths and English, as almost all universities require that you have at least a grade 'c' in these subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending