Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ill try and keep this nice and quick...

I've recently been promoted to Warehouse Manager and was promised an initial wage of £18,000 with chance to up that wage over time until it is capped at a set limit.

I was on £16,500 before hand so I was expecting a £1500 annual rise, however I have actually had a £500 rise instead & I am now expected to do all that a manager does as well as my normal job.

Now i do not expect to be put on a fantastic wage until I can prove I am worthy of this position but I was promised a wage which I haven't had? Is there anything I can do about this? I am speaking to the HR Manager when she is back from leave on Monday and discussing things with her but I would like to know my rights/what to say before hand.

This isn't the first time they have gave me false promises, when I passed my driving test I was promised a company van... never happened. I have had so many false promises off this company it is really now getting me down!

ReputationRep:
    This is a forum for law students, not a forum for legal advice. Indeed, the vast majority of members on this forum are not qualified to answer your question. You should seek your answers elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Try to get any 'promises' made to you in writing

ReputationRep:
    ^in the future

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.