Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So my insurance is up for renewal at the end of this month, and using the aviva drive app I got a quote of £415 (yay!)

The problem is is that when I made this quote, I said I wanted the policy to start on 31st May, turns out I need it to start on the 30th. So I edited the quote and it added an extra £50 just to move it a day forward (maybe because it's closer to the time, I did the original quote about a month ago).

Don't get me wrong £460 is still a lot better than the £900 renewal I got or the £800 I see going through comparison sites, but an extra £50 seems ridiculous.

Just wondering if I go ahead with the original quote, and just don't drive on the 30th May, is this okay to do? If not I'll just pay the extra £50

ReputationRep:
    Just do it on the 31st. What's gonna happen? If you are questioned just say it was a misclick...

(Original post by SortYourLife)
    So my insurance is up for renewal at the end of this month, and using the aviva drive app I got a quote of £415 (yay!)

The problem is is that when I made this quote, I said I wanted the policy to start on 31st May, turns out I need it to start on the 30th. So I edited the quote and it added an extra £50 just to move it a day forward (maybe because it's closer to the time, I did the original quote about a month ago).

Don't get me wrong £460 is still a lot better than the £900 renewal I got or the £800 I see going through comparison sites, but an extra £50 seems ridiculous.

Just wondering if I go ahead with the original quote, and just don't drive on the 30th May, is this okay to do? If not I'll just pay the extra £50

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.