Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was wondering if anyone has any tips for getting a job during the first year of uni?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Do some research and find out where the SU and the Uni advertise. Read up on their procedures and apply. If you see someone doing a job you are interested in and you think they are a student, then make a polite enquiry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Do some research and find out where the SU and the Uni advertise. Read up on their procedures and apply. If you see someone doing a job you are interested in and you think they are a student, then make a polite enquiry.
    Thanks! Do you think working in a bar is the best option??
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Sabah97)
    Thanks! Do you think working in a bar is the best option??
    Find out what jobs are available and where you would like to work. If you like bar work then do that if not look for something else. What will you enjoy or be good at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Find out what jobs are available and where you would like to work. If you like bar work then do that if not look for something else. What will you enjoy or be good at?
    Yeah well everyone i know who has been to uni already tell me to get a bar job but tbh i dont mind doing anything as long as i get money!!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    There are more than bar jobs, apply for the one that best suits you. Your uni and SU should know where the vacancies are advertised.

ReputationRep:
    I know with my uni they've hired for the bar already for September but look in the local town and see what yu can find =) Your uni should have like a careers team who will be able to help you =)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.