Turn on thread page Beta

Post Exam Blues watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Don't you just hate it when you come on here after exams and realise that you failed to mention something that firstly you knew and secondly would have got you a few more marks.

I hate being analytical about exams after they have happened however we all do it so it's not like we can pretend that we don't.

I am going to *try* and forget about them until results day but we all know that this is difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)
    Don't you just hate it when you come on here after exams and realise that you failed to mention something that firstly you knew and secondly would have got you a few more marks.

I hate being analytical about exams after they have happened however we all do it so it's not like we can pretend that we don't.

I am going to *try* and forget about them until results day but we all know that this is difficult.
    No, the worst feeling is when you walk out the exam room, and everyone is talking about what they wrote for the different questions, and you don't have the same answer. On top of that, its worse that you remember to put something really important in just as they ask you to stop writing.

You should forget about it. Yes.

ReputationRep:
    i know the feeling. especially when everyone wrote down the same answer except you..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneezyme)
    i know the feeling. especially when everyone wrote down the same answer except you..
    It's amazing isn't it - You go out of the exam room and your brain literally scans the whole paper, detecting "errors" that could have been avoided.

Why on earth can't it do this during the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark_KK)

Yes I agree - Luckily for me I don't think I made many avoidable errors, so I'm pretty pleased how it went.

But I know what you mean - You remember a question and it can suddenly hit you that you could have gained more marks so easily; it can be VERY frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    It's amazing isn't it - You go out of the exam room and your brain literally scans the whole paper, detecting "errors" that could have been avoided.

Why on earth can't it do this during the exam?
    Because the brains a *******.

ReputationRep:
    I think that regardless of whether you think you've done well or not, you still get post-exam depression, purely because it's such a period of hype and worry, that when it is all over your relieved, but it means now you don't have that kind of pressure anymore. Some people react by being delighted, some people find that they feel really sleep and depressed (probably because they've used to much energy thinking in the previous weeks lol)

The best cure is to go out and do stuff!!! Also, not to worry about the results!!!

ReputationRep:
    The worst thing for me is writing one of those really long essays, then stopping midway and realising that you actually agree with the opposite view..... then you struggle to choose whether to continue or change your argument lolz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    The worst thing for me is writing one of those really long essays, then stopping midway and realising that you actually agree with the opposite view..... then you struggle to choose whether to continue or change your argument lolz

Yep. Thats so annoying. It happened to me in History, I really ought to have changed my view half way through, but you don't have enough time!!! Nevermind, it's all over now! Even if I did then argue against my argument... lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamC)
    Yep. Thats so annoying. It happened to me in History, I really ought to have changed my view half way through, but you don't have enough time!!! Nevermind, it's all over now! Even if I did then argue against my argument... lol
    I did that for my econs AEA and it was SO embarrassing. I wrote a rather assertive introduction with seemingly very valid points. However, I ran out of steam halfway and after evaluation of all my points, I realised I should have argued the other way.

What was funny was that I crossed out all my "extremely"s and replaced them with "rather"s.... I just wish I had tippex at that moment.

ReputationRep:
    LoL! Bless. Yeh, best to avoid superlatives when you suddenly decide to change your views! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamC)
    LoL! Bless. Yeh, best to avoid superlatives when you suddenly decide to change your views! lol
    I'm starting to feel so sorry for myself now

Btw... does anyone feel really that everything is so anticlimatic after your last exam? I've had exams from 17th May - 1st July and I've been looking forward to this day for so long. Now I'm just bored with nothing to do...

ReputationRep:
    I just wish I had tippex at that moment.
    Good job you didn't, because they aren't allowed in public exams (apparently) - Along with red pen!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh. I was posting in the "Post-Exam Blues" thread, and I said exactly the same thing. All the tension and stress is over and you feel like "oh.. ohk then. now what do i do?"

The best thing to do is to go out, see ur friends and do stuff!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Good job you didn't, because they aren't allowed in public exams (apparently) - Along with red pen!
    I know.. my school are so so so strict with exam procedure. They won't even let me finish my last word. The second that time is up, all pens must go down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamC)
    Yeh. I was posting in the "Post-Exam Blues" thread, and I said exactly the same thing. All the tension and stress is over and you feel like "oh.. ohk then. now what do i do?"

The best thing to do is to go out, see ur friends and do stuff!!!
    They've all left .... but no worries, holidays in Bali and Singapore for me!

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to feel so sorry for myself now

Btw... does anyone feel really that everything is so anticlimatic after your last exam? I've had exams from 17th May - 1st July and I've been looking forward to this day for so long. Now I'm just bored with nothing to do...
    that's exactly how i feel - yesterday when i'd finished i came home and expected to be grinning like mad but i was just flat. the parents couldn't understand it cos i'd been going on about that day for weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkegokane)
    that's exactly how i feel - yesterday when i'd finished i came home and expected to be grinning like mad but i was just flat. the parents couldn't understand it cos i'd been going on about that day for weeks!
    same here i hate this feeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkegokane)
    Urggh... the wait for results day is just excruciating.

ReputationRep:
    Urggh... the wait for results day is just excruciating.
    Are AS results like GCSE where everybody does as well as they expected or (much) better, or not?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.