The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lilsunflower
Urggh... the wait for results day is just excruciating.

i know, i'm counting down already! despite trying really hard not to think about the exams i keep going back in my mind to the papers and thinking 'oh, i should have put that in' etc and it's making me really paranoid :frown:
Invisible
Are AS results like GCSE where everybody does as well as they expected or (much) better, or not?

well, when i got mine i was v surprised. i did no work all year and came out with ABCCD. this year i've worked for them so i should be ok. i hope..
Invisible
Are AS results like GCSE where everybody does as well as they expected or (much) better, or not?

I think they do better than expected.

I lost a foot of my hair *sniff* coz' I was convinced I did badly and hence bet it away.

I'm not sure about A2 though! I'm nervous! :smile:
lilsunflower
I think they do better than expected.

I lost a foot of my hair *sniff* coz' I was convinced I did badly and hence bet it away.

I'm not sure about A2 though! I'm nervous! :smile:

Good Luck! :smile:
i feel the same. i was so looking forward to finishing my exams and now its come, im really not happy about it. everything feels very flat and i wish i could change some of the mistakes i made. i also feel like i should be doing something. its my birthday 2day and school prom and im really not excited about any of it.
Invisible
Good Luck! :smile:

Thanks so much! :smile: You too.... What are you waiting for?
I've been miserable since the exams because, despite revising as hard as I've ever done since April, I still managed to mess up one of my politics modules(the easiest one) by panicking in the exam room, and have had nasty comments from my teacher(went to Cambridge, lives his whole life around this fact, has no social graces) who reckons I'll be lucky to get three C's at A level because of this! My parents and friends have told me not to worry, I should be aiming for 3 B's at least but it's still stressing me out and getting me down and I've spent god knows how much time going over every single exam I sat this summer, worrying that I waffled/didn't make as many points as everyone else/etcetc etc.

:frown:

Results day could either be really surprising and good or really awful and at the minute I'm going with the latter.

Mod Expression - Language
lilsunflower
Thanks so much! :smile: You too.... What are you waiting for?

AS Results:

Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Computing, General Studies.

Yourself?
Invisible
AS Results:

Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Computing, General Studies.

Yourself?

Double Maths, Lit, Econs, History General Studies and my terrible Econs AEA :frown: All for A2 though. We get our results late here.... later by about 5 days I think.
Reply 29
I agree with viewpoints expressed above. to come home after your last exam (for me this was yesterday) and just sit there thinking "ok, right what do I do now" is just such an anti-climax.

Can't stop thinking about how I did however I will probably stop worrying about it soon at least until the middle of August.
Anyone going on holiday?
lilsunflower
Anyone going on holiday?

I wish...
Mark_KK
Don't you just hate it when you come on here after exams and realise that you failed to mention something that firstly you knew and secondly would have got you a few more marks.

I hate being analytical about exams after they have happened however we all do it so it's not like we can pretend that we don't.

I am going to *try* and forget about them until results day but we all know that this is difficult.

i try not to think about it,what's done is done and there's nothing you can do about it now. If you really have failed then it'snot the end of the world as you can always do resits:smile:

mind you,i know i made quite a few stupid mistakes in my exams :redface: but doesn't everyone? Can anyone honestly come out of their exams and say "yeah, there is nothing i would do differently if i had to sit the exam again" ? For me, there would :rolleyes:
Invisible

no at gcse most ppl pass cos thers the a-g range so teachers can afford to predict slightly lower to make the sch look gd to parents etc. so evr1 looks lik they did betr.
i personally was predicted 4As but i thoght i'd get 2As and 2Bs (by the marks i thoght i got in th as exams) i actually got 3As and 1B.

so u prob will do as well as expected, look @ yur predicted grades, are accurate guide. but LISTEN. dont panic from now, xms all done, cant change ur grades now, go an hav fun. if u do crap u can resit all the as units nxt yr or drop ne really crap subjects.

no worries :cool: +gd luck. the as levels arent worth a crap, no1 ever sees the as results only a2.
magiccarpet

no worries :cool: +gd luck. the as levels arent worth a crap, no1 ever sees the as results only a2.

Some do, for applying to Uni. :cool:
Reply 35
Last yearI went through all this. I remember after each of the mathsexams, I used to come on, and there were loads of discussions about what we all got.And one person put all his answersdown after he had redone them. Was good at times,and not so good at others.
Mark_KK
Don't you just hate it when you come on here after exams and realise that you failed to mention something that firstly you knew and secondly would have got you a few more marks.

I hate being analytical about exams after they have happened however we all do it so it's not like we can pretend that we don't.

I am going to *try* and forget about them until results day but we all know that this is difficult.

Never think of the test after you've done it...it's in the past...unless it will help you for the next test...

Latest

Trending

Trending