Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So for some modules, I tend to get 70+ in all of the past papers, but having only done approximately 6/7 past papers, should I do all of the rest?

I'm just concerned with timing, I have an exam next week that I've been getting almost full marks for in every past paper that I've done, whereas in other modules that I have exams for in a few weeks time, I'm not doing as well.

So I'm not sure whether to keep attempting as many past papers as possible for next week's exam, or to start focusing on later exams?

Any advice? I just hate the idea of missing past papers and then later on wishing I'd done more practise for it.

ReputationRep:
    Which modules out of interest? The only module I found doing every past paper for was FP1 because on the morning of my exam I found a question I'd never seen before other than in that one so I asked my teacher in our breakfast revision and a very similar one came up on in the exam that the rest of my class struggled with

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    do every past paper there ever is or you will fail

ReputationRep:
    Go over the topics you're struggling in and make more revision notes, then do the past papers to make sure you can apply that knowledge in a paper,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenk18)
    Which modules out of interest? The only module I found doing every past paper for was FP1 because on the morning of my exam I found a question I'd never seen before other than in that one so I asked my teacher in our breakfast revision and a very similar one came up on in the exam that the rest of my class struggled with

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Funnily enough, I am talking about FP1. Would you suggest doing all of the papers then? I'm thinking maybe look through all of the papers and look for questions I'm not familiar with, and maybe just attempt those instead?

ReputationRep:
    Not necessary, but it can't hurt

ReputationRep:
    your so rushed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaLouise759)
    Funnily enough, I am talking about FP1. Would you suggest doing all of the papers then? I'm thinking maybe look through all of the papers and look for questions I'm not familiar with, and maybe just attempt those instead?
    Yeah thats probably a good idea! Then focus on your later ones

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazzer58)
    your so rushed
    Why?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 12, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.