The Student Room Group

Marrying yourself-what's wrong with it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by chazwomaq
What do you do on the wedding night? Go upstairs and self-love furiously?

What about kids??? :biggrin:
Original post by Quantex
Most teenage boys are already married to themselves, at least in practice if not legally, and share an intimate relationship with their hand. Eventually they commit adultery with those mysterious beings they were once scared of.. Women.

I am a female. I am open to polygamy in that I might consider a relationship with another being in the future.
Original post by chazwomaq
What do you do on the wedding night? Go upstairs and self-love furiously?

:lol: You got it
Original post by cherryred90s
The honeymoon would be so peaceful.
Who better to make a lifelong commitment with than yourself? :love:

This girl gets it. Oh, and stuffing yourself with as much food as you want and not having to worry about our body because you love yourself no matter what :love: #Truelove
Original post by Quantex
Most teenage boys are already married to themselves, at least in practice if not legally, and share an intimate relationship with their hand. Eventually they commit adultery with those mysterious beings they were once scared of.. Women.

It begins with hand.. Small steps first.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Anonymous
How so?

There is no legal benefit to getting married these days. Plus a relationship shouldn't change after marriage, if a marriage was to last then the relationship without marriage should last too. So there's no real purpose of getting married other than just for the sake of it.
Original post by Nadile
There is no legal benefit to getting married these days. Plus a relationship shouldn't change after marriage, if a marriage was to last then the relationship without marriage should last too. So there's no real purpose of getting married other than just for the sake of it.

Marriage is precious. It's a sacred bond. Don't rain on my parade
Original post by Nadile
It would be just as pointless as marrying a different person
Someone seems a little bitter.
Y'know, I think I will :cute:
Original post by Anonymous
I've been thinking about it recently and it seems like a pretty good idea :/

Your left hand isn't the most suitable of partners....
Original post by lNurl
What about kids??? :biggrin:

[video="youtube;dMjQ3hA9mEA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMjQ3hA9mEA[/video]
Nothing tbh

Myself and I will buy a house in a leafy suburb, have children and grow old together. When I die, we both die. Simples
Reply 34
Original post by Tootles
Someone seems a little bitter.

I'm not. Hell, I might eventually get married myself. I'm just stating the fact that there is no real purpose to marriage, other than just doing it for the sake of having a wedding. Well, unless you're religious. Then I guess it actually has some meaning.
Original post by Nadile
I'm not. Hell, I might eventually get married myself. I'm just stating the fact that there is no real purpose to marriage, other than just doing it for the sake of having a wedding. Well, unless you're religious. Then I guess it actually has some meaning.
*your opinion. Never claim your opinion to be fact, that's just arrogant.

There are legal benefits that come of being married, it's not simply a religious state. Also a lot of people who get married do so because they want a wedding, as you say. But it's disposable to a lot of people too, and that's why it seems to be seen as pointless. Surely, though, people want to be legally recognised as being in a permanent relationship?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending