Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    it's my bf's 22nd birthday next month and I'm struggling with what to get him. i really want to spoil him. we live 2 hours away and i am 17 if thats relevant. i've already got him a game he wanted. would it be a good idea to get him a picture of us in a nice frame or no? he loves cars, but he has like everything a guy would need so i don't know what to get- help!!!

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been dating? Maybe a watch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliceronson)
    Hey
    it's my bf's 22nd birthday next month and I'm struggling with what to get him. i really want to spoil him. we live 2 hours away and i am 17 if thats relevant. i've already got him a game he wanted. would it be a good idea to get him a picture of us in a nice frame or no? he loves cars, but he has like everything a guy would need so i don't know what to get- help!!!
    what's your budget if you have say
    £200 i'd get a decent watch
    or £50 will buy a decent photography session

A fleshlight.

My gf got me one and it really helped with our relationship since we live 4 hours away and both are really busy with uni work during term time.

ReputationRep:
    wait you're 17 and your considering getting him a ****ing photo? what of flowers...jesus theres no hope for the world

ReputationRep:
    one of those retro pocket watches... you can get a nice one for under £20:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...s=pocket+watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whosasking)
    wait you're 17 and your considering getting him a ****ing photo? what of flowers...jesus theres no hope for the world
    whats that supposed to mean? firstly, i think a photo is a nice gift to give someone as it holds good memories. secondly, what does my age have to do with it? thirdly, why are you acting like it's such a bad gift? jesus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aykem)
    How long have you been dating? Maybe a watch?
    we have been dating officially for 3 months and this is our first birthday to celebrate together. we have been talking since september though.

(Original post by aliceronson)
    we have been dating officially for 3 months and this is our first birthday to celebrate together. we have been talking since september though.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fleshlight-...3085783&sr=1-9

this

ReputationRep:
    You could take him on a trip/day out. If he really likes gaming or puzzles maybe an arcade, locked door mystery or something would be good. I took my bf to gamecity and that was a big hit!

ReputationRep:
    A Fleshlight

ReputationRep:
    Have you actually tried asking him if there is something he would like?

ReputationRep:
    If he loves football or basketball, jersey will be a good idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FCB)
    Have you actually tried asking him if there is something he would like?
    yep he just said the game

ReputationRep:
    I think the photo is a lovely idea, I have got my boyfriend of 3 years many photos of us both in nice frames or Photobox do really nice ones, and he loves them. It would be more lovely for you with you living 2 ours away from eachother its something that he can treasure when you aren't there.

Maybe have a day somewhere, or say pick your favourite restaurant and i'll pay for the meal. Maybe make a full day of it, maybe ask him where he would like to go have a day trip somewhere, then go to the restarant and then maybe go back to his house and snuggle up and watch a film together. With you only going out for 3 months you don't want to be doing anything too expensive or extravagent but little things that will add up

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.