Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    When I was doing my A Levels, I was really excited for the A2 astrophysics topics. I still love astrophysics, and I even did some research last year into modelling neutron stars. However I think particle physics was a really interesting topic at A level.

I'm interested to hear what everyone else enjoys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayquaza17)
    When I was doing my A Levels, I was really excited for the A2 astrophysics topics. I still love astrophysics, and I even did some research last year into modelling neutron stars. However I think particle physics was a really interesting topic at A level.

Theoretical Physics> all. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Gravity
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Women.

Well there's particle physics, which I just think is so cool! It's amazing how things on a scale of grandeur to stem from something so tiny. (Ever heard of Quantum Entanglement)?

Even though I might be a bit rusty on my skills with mechanics, I still really like that topic. The way it applies to real life in so many different scenarios, just sort of changes your mind set on how things work in a way.

There's just so many other things in physics to discover :woo:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by aamirac)
    This is so true. That's what makes maths and physics so interesting - there's always something new to learn about!

ReputationRep:
    Right down the other end of the size spectrum. The quantum world.

This is a simulation image of water on a perovskite surface. I just think it's so awesome how the hydroxide ion ends up orbiting the hydrogen nucleus that's attached itself to the material's surface, it's like the precession of nuclei in NMR! :ahee:

This isn't my favorite thing though, I don't actually have a favorite. I love the whole quantum world!

I should probably add that saying anything negative about any area of physics is a crime, they're all good!

This is so true. That's what makes maths and physics so interesting - there's always something new to learn about!
    Indeed so! You'd learn one topic and then when you research it further you realise there's just a whole lot more that it leads to. :moon:

Giving it up in year 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Right down the other end of the size spectrum. The quantum world.

This is a simulation image of water on a perovskite surface. I just think it's so awesome how the hydroxide ion ends up orbiting the hydrogen nucleus that's attached itself to the material's surface, it's like the precession of nuclei in NMR! :ahee:

This isn't my favorite thing though, I don't actually have a favorite. I love the whole quantum world!

I should probably add that saying anything negative about any area of physics is a crime, they're all good!
    One can't say enough negative stuff on Condensed Matter physics

On-topic: Hydrodynamics and fluid physics generally is EXTREMELY fun to do.

ReputationRep:
    Well there's particle physics, which I just think is so cool! It's amazing how things on a scale of grandeur to stem from something so tiny. (Ever heard of Quantum Entanglement)?

Even though I might be a bit rusty on my skills with mechanics, I still really like that topic. The way it applies to real life in so many different scenarios, just sort of changes your mind set on how things work in a way.

YES! IKR! It's so amazing how wonderfully complex the quantum world is, with such a limited number of fundamental particles you get all the elements and atomic structures and everything they create.

You're gonna love this: https://www.newscientist.com/article...spots-at-once/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    One can't say enough negative stuff on Condensed Matter physics
    Blasphemy!

(Original post by oShahpo)
    On-topic: Hydrodynamics and fluid physics generally is EXTREMELY fun to do.
    Can't argue with that though.

ReputationRep:

rayquaza pls.....

ReputationRep:

When the bell rings and I can leave class

ReputationRep:
    SUVAT equations <3

Spoiler:
    Show
    LOLNO

(Original post by Peroxidation)
    YES! IKR! It's so amazing how wonderfully complex the quantum world is, with such a limited number of fundamental particles you get all the elements and atomic structures and everything they create.

You're gonna love this: https://www.newscientist.com/article...spots-at-once/
    YES! Exactly that! It's just wonderfully strange about how everything just pieces itself together.

:teeth: I love the buzz reading physics! I'm just thinking ''how?'' and ''why?'' (the particles in the experiment behave that way) :rofl:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Found astrophysics hard but interesting, did a "related" EPQ title.

ReputationRep:
    Quantum mechanics, although the maths gets really nasty very quickly

ReputationRep:
    YES! Exactly that! It's just wonderfully strange about how everything just pieces itself together.

:teeth: I love the buzz reading physics! I'm just thinking ''how?'' and ''why?'' (the particles in the experiment behave that way) :rofl:
    Ikr! It's that confusion, the way the macroscopic world is so predictable and then the minute you start dealing with atoms they decide to muck you around. The atoms, their structures and all the particles that make the atoms, they're all just so devious! It's one of the reasons why I love them so much!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    i like the electricity and radioactivity !!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.