What is your favourite thing in physics?

Watch this thread
rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
When I was doing my A Levels, I was really excited for the A2 astrophysics topics. I still love astrophysics, and I even did some research last year into modelling neutron stars. However I think particle physics was a really interesting topic at A level.

I'm interested to hear what everyone else enjoys!
XxKingSniprxX
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rayquaza17)
When I was doing my A Levels, I was really excited for the A2 astrophysics topics. I still love astrophysics, and I even did some research last year into modelling neutron stars. However I think particle physics was a really interesting topic at A level.

Theoretical Physics> all. :moon:
Bailey8
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Gravity
uberteknik
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Women.
aamirac
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
Well there's particle physics, which I just think is so cool! It's amazing how things on a scale of grandeur to stem from something so tiny. (Ever heard of Quantum Entanglement)?

Even though I might be a bit rusty on my skills with mechanics, I still really like that topic. The way it applies to real life in so many different scenarios, just sort of changes your mind set on how things work in a way.

There's just so many other things in physics to discover :woo:
rayquaza17
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by aamirac)
There's just so many other things in physics to discover :woo:
This is so true. That's what makes maths and physics so interesting - there's always something new to learn about!
aamirac
Report 6 years ago
This is so true. That's what makes maths and physics so interesting - there's always something new to learn about!
Indeed so! You'd learn one topic and then when you research it further you realise there's just a whole lot more that it leads to. :moon:
Platopus
Badges: 19
Report 6 years ago
Giving it up in year 11
oShahpo
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
One can't say enough negative stuff on Condensed Matter physics

On-topic: Hydrodynamics and fluid physics generally is EXTREMELY fun to do.
Big Moisty
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago

rayquaza pls.....
username2324315
Rep:
Report 6 years ago

When the bell rings and I can leave class
soIiIoquy
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
SUVAT equations <3

Spoiler:
Show
LOLNO
aamirac
Report 6 years ago
YES! Exactly that! It's just wonderfully strange about how everything just pieces itself together.

:teeth: I love the buzz reading physics! I'm just thinking ''how?'' and ''why?'' (the particles in the experiment behave that way) :rofl:
Vikingninja
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Found astrophysics hard but interesting, did a "related" EPQ title.
samb1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Quantum mechanics, although the maths gets really nasty very quickly
Pink_Sparkles
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
i like the electricity and radioactivity !!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (13)
18.31%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (26)
36.62%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.04%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.41%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
9.86%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
19.72%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.82%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.23%

Watched Threads