Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am currently taking Law, Politics and Archaeology at A-level and I am extremely stressed out. I have 9 exams coming up and I feel like I can not even answer a past paper because I know nothing and now I am worried that I won't get into the uni I have always wanted.

I have just lost all my motivation and I try to study but I feel like nothing sticks in my head no matter what I do.

I can hardly remember any of the law cases, archaeology case studies or politics examples. I feel like I'm running out of time and then I am getting more stressed.

Does anyone feel the same of have any tips/advice?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiaaait)
    Hello,

I am currently taking Law, Politics and Archaeology at A-level and I am extremely stressed out. I have 9 exams coming up and I feel like I can not even answer a past paper because I know nothing and now I am worried that I won't get into the uni I have always wanted.

I have just lost all my motivation and I try to study but I feel like nothing sticks in my head no matter what I do.

I can hardly remember any of the law cases, archaeology case studies or politics examples. I feel like I'm running out of time and then I am getting more stressed.

Does anyone feel the same of have any tips/advice?

Thanks
    Hi, I'm in a similar situation too. I do government and politics and I have done hardly any revision and I wouldn't be able to answer any question confidently. Instead of fretting over the all revision you could have done but haven't, just use the time you have left to do as much revision as possible. Try post it notes around your room, mind maps, teaching people. My motivation atm is at rock bottom and I'm finding it hard to revise so you just have to tell yourself, would you be happy with a D or U on results day? Would you be happy with you being the only one to fail on results day compared to your friends? Would you be happy not getting in to your choice of uni?
    As much as you might not want to revise (I certainly don't) you just have to think, will you be happy with the results you get, because what you do from now can determine how happy or sad you are with your final results. Try not to get stressed as this will only make things worse, just do what you can hope this helped!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Calm down, go for a walk or do some deep breathing.

Stick to the revision plan. You dont have time for negative thoughts, but focus on doing your best. that is all you can do. Worry about uni after if need be,
    For the moment focus on studying and practice past papers. Avoid habits and behaviours that wont make you more effective at the exam i.e worry, panic, negativity.

Break it down into manageable chunks 30,45,1hr sessions and then take 10-15mins off. Past papers cna help calm nerves becayse you are replicating what they ask you to do in the exam.

1. Untimed and with books.
    2. Timed with books.
    3. Untimed and no books.
    4. Exam conditions.

Do single questions if you dont have time for a whole paper. Do essay plans if you dont wnat to write it out in full.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.