Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Contour Fashion Personal Statement watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I'm going to apply to study Contour Fashion next year and I think making a portfolio will be fine, I'm just struggling with my personal statement. If anyone has any advice on what kinds of things to put in then I would be very appreciative!!

Thanks!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lucyjwright)
    Hi!

I'm going to apply to study Contour Fashion next year and I think making a portfolio will be fine, I'm just struggling with my personal statement. If anyone has any advice on what kinds of things to put in then I would be very appreciative!!

Thanks!
    That sounds really interesting.

Have you tried using the TSR PS builder: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/per...ake_some_notes it should let you build up from bullet points answering different questions into something really good.

With any PS you are looking to convince admissions staff that you
    a) know what the course you're applying to is about (you'd be amazed how many people apply for a course with silly mistakes in their PS talking about topics they wont study or features of the course that don't exist!) - so do your research. Go on the university websites and dig around to find out everything you can about the courses you're applying to...and spend an afternoon googling anything you haven't come across before or that sounds interesting. Mentioning a topic of feature of the courses you're applying to proves straight away that you know what you've applied for
    b) are interested and motivated enough in the subject to get through 3 years of study....so again this means doing a bit of research or using your free time to take part in activities or learn more about the subject you're applying for. Following a blog or two that cover the contour fashion industry, finding out about the key businesses in the market and maybe visiting or arranging work experience if possible...anything beyond what you HAVE to do for your normal college work. Obviously building your portfolio is another key one but that will be assessed outside your PS
    c) have the right skills and experience to succeed on the course - for this your portfolio is what they'd be looking at not your PS so you don't need to cover it in any detail unless you want to

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.