The Student Room Group

my mother is still making me wear briefs not boxers at 22?

Hi this is rather a uncomfortable topic but I really need some advice, I am 22 years old and I live at home with my mom and sister, I have an issue, I still wear briefs which I have worn since I was a baby because that is what she has always brought me, I have been asking my mom recently if I could now wear boxers, but still says no your briefs are fine, then I said mom I am 22 its not healthy for you to still control me and tell me what i should wear, and then she went crazy and said if your mom buys you briefs then you wear them, why is see at 22 being like this and treating me like 8 , shall i just accept it till i move out the other day my sister who overheard it brought me some boxers mom found and brought briefs again, I really don't know what do here, everytime I talk about she goes mad and if I or sister buy boxers she will throw them out, when I go to the gym I always get teased, and my girlfriend giggles if she ever sees them, please can anyone help me on this .
(edited 7 years ago)
:troll: :troll:
I'm just gonna be brief with you:

Poor attempt m8
Reply 3
i want constructive advice
poor bait
respect your Mother's wishes :yep:
Reply 6
buy your own boxers and do your own washing?
I'll be blunt because you know the answer anyway. You don't want to hurt her feelings and make her feel bad by arguing it properly. Saying that you don't want to wear briefs isn't enough, you need the courage to TELL her you aren't going to wear them any more. You're not a child, she needs to respect you as an adult which she clearly isn't doing regardless of what she says.

You need to have a proper, very calm, very level-headed chat with your mum. That is super unhealthy and to be honest mate is bad parenting. No doubt she means well but still, you need to just tell her that it is embarassing for you and you won't be wearing them any more. It's a little odd for your mum to be buying your underwear at 22.

Tell her that you won't be throwing the briefs away, and you can buy your own boxers, but explain that your clothing is your choice and you would feel very disrespected if she were to throw them away.

Sounds like it'll be a long road for her to let go of you as a small child and understand that you're an adult. A mate of mine was in a similar situation and did nothing about it, he is a little weird because of it tbh.

Hope I haven't offended you or anything. Just seems like you're pussyfooting around actually talking to her as an adult. Recognise that you're not a child and that this situation is very unusual and disrespectful. Good luck.
Really? How is this even a thong?
I'm gonna be brief:

This thread is pants.

If my mum behaved like this I'd box 'er ears.

I'd knick 'er purse and buy myself what I want to wear.

You need to take commando of your own life.

Your punderwear should be your choice.
(edited 7 years ago)
Are you sure it's really your mother and not a Skull impersonating her?
Original post by e aí rapaz
I'm gonna be brief:

This thread is pants.

If my mum behaved like this I'd box 'er ears.

I'd knick 'er purse and buy myself what I want to wear.

You need to take commando of your own life.

Your punderwear should be your choice.

Bravo sir

Quick Reply

Latest