The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Maths Core 1 - 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tajtsracc
Anyone else get

x = -1 plus or minus root 5?

Yes, I got -1 plus or minus root 5. I remember having to divide -4 by 4 to get the -1.

I also got 11.25 for the integration.

Coordinates of B, pretty sure I got (12, -7)

And I also got 9 (square root of 81) for CT
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
For the coordinates of Q, I don't think I wrote (-5/4,0) I just wrote -5/4 - did you have to give the full coordinate? It was obvious that y was 0 :/

didn't they only asked for the x-coordinate ?
Original post by musslih
Which Year and month of past year paper are you referring to?

The June 2015 C1 paper.
(edited 7 years ago)
For the circle question, the root was obviously root65, but what did you get for k?

(x+2)^2+(y-7)^2=root65 +5
What do you lot think grade boundaries will be for this paper? how much will 70ums be and above
Original post by chemica
didn't they only asked for the x-coordinate ?

Yes, just writing -5/4 is fine.
Original post by beanigger
What do you lot think grade boundaries will be for this paper? how much will 70ums be and above

last year was 58 for a B ( 70 ums) , I reckon it will be about 55 this year
Original post by euan__
only had to give the x value

Thank god for that. Thanks!
Original post by Thequickspark
For the circle question, the root was obviously root65, but what did you get for k?

k = 65...

(x - a)^2 + (y - b)^2 = r^2 where a is the centre x, b is the centre y, and r is the radius.
Reply 149
Original post by Thequickspark

WHat did everyone get for the question that asked you to give the x-coordinates in the form m+_ root n? i completed the square for it and got -1 and root 5 over 2
having 90 ums in c3 and c4 and 75 in every other paper equates to a* right? ( ums in c3 and c4 must add up to 180)

Well 2015 64 marks was an A, which is 70 UMS. I'd say a couple lower, but not much.

Please someone tell me!! so i must have made a mistake at doing the equation of P, but used the right methos, meaning i got Q wrong and so i also got the area of the triangle wrong and the total shaded area wrong! :frown: but used the right methods for all of it, do i get any carry through marks and please can someone tell me how many marks i will get for this question!!

(think i got most the rest of the paper corrcet)
Original post by clairebear101
Please someone tell me!! so i must have made a mistake at doing the equation of P, but used the right methos, meaning i got Q wrong and so i also got the area of the triangle wrong and the total shaded area wrong! :frown: but used the right methods for all of it, do i get any carry through marks and please can someone tell me how many marks i will get for this question!!

(think i got most the rest of the paper corrcet)

That's really hard to say, maybe you dropped 2, but if the mark scheme is harsh, that could be dropped 3 or 4...
Did anyone else use the quadratic formula for the question with the square root n in it?
How many marks will i get on circle question? I stupidly cant add up so got root75 instead of root65 for radius. Which meant where the lenth should have been root81 i got root91. Surely ECF marks there?
Help make the unofficial mark scheme here! :bl: :bl:
Reply 157
Original post by HazNut134
Did anyone get a fraction for the x coordinate in the integration question near the end?

Felt like this was the hardest paper so far, I missed out like 4 questions...

I found it so hard, I've been getting high B's/A's on all the past papers but I think I'll be lucky to get a B...:frown:(
Original post by FJCX
WHat did everyone get for the question that asked you to give the x-coordinates in the form m+_ root n? i completed the square for it and got -1 and root 5 over 2

i got -1+√5

i didn't get over 2, how many marks was it ?
Original post by timtjtim
k = 65...

(x - a)^2 + (y - b)^2 = r^2 where a is the centre x, b is the centre y, and r is the radius.

I think you're half right. K=70

You forgot the outside parts of the squares. 4+1=5

5+65 (as you rightly said) = 70.

Looks like I didn't get 100 ups :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending