The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Maths Core 2 - 25th May 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheSociableOne
Issue is lower grade boundaries usually mean harder questions so that may not necessarily be a great thing. It'll help a lot yeah, but not guaranteed to get you your target.

Harder questions are much better because then the people who don't actually understand math do not get an A...sounds harsh but Core 1 paper had hard questions which if u didn't understand, you'd get the question wrong... like that circle question... + losing marks because of human error lol
Good Luck everyone!!!
Reply 22
Don't forget your calculators guys!
How did everyone find the exam? 😊
That was the worst thing I have ever done
I thought it was fairly easy except the first log four marker and the lowest value for the cos question. Did anyone else put pi?
Pretty nice. Could've been a lot worse!

Posted from TSR Mobile
it wasn't that bad but too many dodgy questions, could I hear some of your answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jake4198
I thought it was fairly easy except the first log four marker and the lowest value for the cos question. Did anyone else put pi?

Yes. Lowest possible value of Cos(X) is -1, when X=pi. So lowest value was 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was brutal lol
HORRIBLE. I've never got less than 60/75 in C2, averaging around 67/75 pretty sure I got about 50.... I HATE YOU AQA.
was that question 8 that equalled pi? lol i didnt get that
Original post by asdfaeth
it wasn't that bad but too many dodgy questions, could I hear some of your answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Was that second graph transformation stretch in x direction scale factor 1/3 ? The 9 in the root changing to a 1 confused me :/
I found this paper difficult in places, the sequences one where the sum of the two terms added up to 50 how was this solved? Also that last logs question think it was change of base but I did not attempt it...oh the perimeter of the triangle
Binomial expansion went on for a long time anyone else have troubles it be good to hear am not the only one!
Did anyone get k (in the translation question) as 5.5?
Original post by Alfie Oliver
Did anyone get k (in the translation question) as 5.5?

oh well I got k = -4 in the last minute
Did anyone else get the binomial expansion answer as something like -1000 something it was like -1280 idk tho something around there?
Reply 38
Original post by TIF141
Was that second graph transformation stretch in x direction scale factor 1/3 ? The 9 in the root changing to a 1 confused me :/

I guessed that and said stretch in y-direction sf 1/3 but it's wrong :tongue:
Original post by TIF141

Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending