Help with data handling coursework! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I need help with my data handling coursework!
my hypothesis is the value of a second hand car will decrease as it gets older (using saloon cars only). i'm looking at how steeply the price will drop as well.
I've done a cumulative frequency graph, box and whisker diagrams, mean, quartiles, tallys and scattergraphs BUT HOW CAN I INCREASE MY MARK? I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO REPRESENT DATA!!
I don't understand maths even though i'm predicted a B; i am trying to get a B or A on this piece as i did crap on my last one.
whats statistical diversity? would it be a good idea to use A level stuff?
help would be appreciated! thanx!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
i also need help wid it! i aint turned up to hardly any coursework lessons! AN GUESS WOT I AINT EVEN THICK! its jus soddin borin!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
AN GUESS WOT I AINT EVEN THICK!
No? Really?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
well ok i might be a bit thick but hey there we go! i'm sufferin now aren't i!?! so can ya help or not?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
i think using A level stuff would show that you are good at maths so i'd go with that. i don't know what stuff they use though. maybe an A level maths student could give you some help.
i didnt turn up to a certain subjects lesson because i wasn't good at it; jus coz ur not gud at one subj it don't mean ur not gud at anotha. i'm predicted A in English but a D in science so it just depends on urs strengths and weaknesses! get a tutor if ya don't turn up 2 lessons, i do!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Using Standard Deviation usually always pulls off top marks in this coursework.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
whats standard deviation?????????????
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
whats standard deviation?????????????
Im doin handling data coursework in maths too though we av 2 think of our own hypothesis-i havnt gotta clue what to do mine on. I may aswell do summink that im interested in so i thought may B something to do with chocolate lol. I dunno!!!!!!! it has to be secondary data though-no primary data is valid. Im sooo stuck and need help I HATE COURSEWORK!!!!!!!!! plzzzz reply if anyone has any ideas of hypothesis i could use thanx!!!
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the standard deviation is how much values deviate from the mean, or something to that effect.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
why the hell do any of you need help from total strangers when you have your math teachers you really are very ungratefuk arent you the whole lot of you.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
why the hell do any of you need help from total strangers when you have your math teachers you really are very ungratefuk arent you the whole lot of you.
HELLO!!not everyone has the greatest maths teacher the world do they?im doing this coursework too at the mo on mayfield high school so if anyone is doing the same thing and could give us some tips that would be gr8.
brat!
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
I'm doing this coursework aswell cud any1 tell me what to right for the prediction i'm doing weights and heights of pupils in year seven and year eleven my prediction so far is the year eleven pupils will be taller and will weight more than year seven students.

help please on the prediction
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (200)
18.78%
No (647)
60.75%
Not really bothered about them (218)
20.47%

Watched Threads