Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So far ive learned. Checking mirrors, going to biting point, accelarating, braking, changing gears, putting handbrake up and down, reversing round corner, 3 point turn, reversing behind car, indicating,

ive picked it all up quite easy, no stalling so far.. when the instructor tells me what to do il do it, i have no fear on the road, im not nervous, no panicking or anything,

Buttt!! lol my instructor wants me to try and be independant, and man its hard lol
    i keep forgetting things like

slowing down go back to 1st gear or

going round a round about if im in 3rd and i can carry on going you gola drop it to 2nd gear which i keep forgetting....

when i stop put the handbrake up

now heres the main thing, is the damn roads, sometime i get confused which way to go or where to position the car?

im guessing you always drive on the left?
    i mean can you ever drive in the middle at certain times...
    i guess some of it is common sense you have a look around at where cars are going on which roads should give you a ruff idea

i mean its all good knowing how to drive the car, but its no good when you dont understand the roads and know how to put it all together on the road

how long did it take you guys to figure everything out
    whats the best way to learn the roads and put it together with your driving
    and knowing when and how to do certain manouvers

thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by davidbobb)
    So far ive learned. Checking mirrors, going to biting point, accelarating, braking, changing gears, putting handbrake up and down, reversing round corner, 3 point turn, reversing behind car, indicating,

ive picked it all up quite easy, no stalling so far.. when the instructor tells me what to do il do it, i have no fear on the road, im not nervous, no panicking or anything,

Buttt!! lol my instructor wants me to try and be independant, and man its hard lol
    i keep forgetting things like

slowing down go back to 1st gear or

going round a round about if im in 3rd and i can carry on going you gola drop it to 2nd gear which i keep forgetting....

when i stop put the handbrake up

now heres the main thing, is the damn roads, sometime i get confused which way to go or where to position the car?

im guessing you always drive on the left?
    i mean can you ever drive in the middle at certain times...
    i guess some of it is common sense you have a look around at where cars are going on which roads should give you a ruff idea

i mean its all good knowing how to drive the car, but its no good when you dont understand the roads and know how to put it all together on the road

how long did it take you guys to figure everything out
    whats the best way to learn the roads and put it together with your driving
    and knowing when and how to do certain manouvers

thanks
    Practice... that's going to be the main thing which is going to make it more natural to do each of these things instinctively.

And nope, never go into the middle of the road, unless you have to overtake something...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.