Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year physics student at Imperial. I took Electronics in term 2, and I did an assessed problem sheet in mid-March, which, along with my lab report, are the two things which contribute to the Electronics grade.
    I could have sworn that I handed the problem sheet in on time. I definitely did it three days before the deadline. But just now I found the problem sheet stashed amongst my notes on my desk.
    I've got a sick feeling in the stomach right now. I haven't yet received a mark for my lab report, but no doubt that the report alone won't be good enough to get a good grade. And it says on the college website that Electronics cannot be resit. If I fail, which now looks possible, I could be withdrawn from the college.
    Surely there must be something I can do about this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Student rep go and talk to them and then contact your tutor.
    Surprised they dont have a system whhere you get a receipt or you took a photo of you handing it in.. How can you not remember physically handing it in? Perhaps its a draft?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Student rep go and talk to them and then contact your tutor.
    Surprised they dont have a system whhere you get a receipt or you took a photo of you handing it in.. How can you not remember physically handing it in? Perhaps its a draft?
    No, I guess maybe I handed the wrong thing in. You literally just put the piece of paper in a box, which they collect on the due date.
    I'll go to my tutor, but I don't know if that'll do anything (my tutor's not brilliant).
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Nuclear Ghost)
    No, I guess maybe I handed the wrong thing in. You literally just put the piece of paper in a box, which they collect on the due date.
    I'll go to my tutor, but I don't know if that'll do anything (my tutor's not brilliant).
    You need to know the system. tbh if it was in March, then its odd nothing was said. Perhaps they would let you resit the module. If you submitted something else then at least they would know you handed something in. it just seems so careless.

Do talk to your student rep or someone in the SU. Without knowing the rules I couldnt say, bit its always worth trying. I would if it were me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.