Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has just been released for PC on steam I have wanted to play this since it came out on the PS2 so if you want it it's £16 and yeah it's downloading on my pc now so HYPE.

ReputationRep:
    tell me if the pc port is any good
    i've been thinking about getting it. i've never played an FF game before, but i played dq9 when i was 9 or so, and have now played all of the games released in english

is FF much different to DQ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (bryn))
    tell me if the pc port is any good
    i've been thinking about getting it. i've never played an FF game before, but i played dq9 when i was 9 or so, and have now played all of the games released in english

is FF much different to DQ?
    Never played DQ i think the port is pretty good but I've never played it before I would recommend picking it up it's pretty good also FFVII is pretty good too I'd also get that.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I wonder how it'll look on the PC. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Time to pirate :beard:

ReputationRep:
    I played the original on PS2 when it was first released and I loved every minute I played the game. It's active time battle and each character has a different job. It's different from other Final Fantasy games because you need to constantly swap characters and weapons to use the different abilities. For example, Wakka fights with a Blitzball which is good for attacking flying monsters and he also uses debuffs such as blind and poison. Tidus is good for buffing characters as he can use his haste ability and improve the parties attack and defence. Lulu uses magic, Yuna can summon aeons and Auron can protect weak characters, kind of like a tank in MMOs. Kimhari can use blue magic to learn enemy abilities and has high attack power. Rikku can steal items to use against enemies.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing that was good about X2 was its battle system.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 16, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.