Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently taking my GCSEs and deciding on my A Levels and all that stuff,
    Just to help with what A levels I should take, what grades / Extracurriculars and Supercurriculars look good / are needed to actually stand out for a Cambridge application? I'm currently taking German, Music, Further Maths and Computing on top of the core subjects (I'm predicted A*s, A** in Further Maths, a 9 in Maths and an 8 in English), I genuinely work and study quite hard and my grades have always been at or near the top of all my classes, and I'm hoping to study either German, Music, Physics or Computing at Uni. And help? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raxnos)
    Hi, I'm currently taking my GCSEs and deciding on my A Levels and all that stuff,
    Just to help with what A levels I should take, what grades / Extracurriculars and Supercurriculars look good / are needed to actually stand out for a Cambridge application? I'm currently taking German, Music, Further Maths and Computing on top of the core subjects (I'm predicted A*s, A** in Further Maths, a 9 in Maths and an 8 in English), I genuinely work and study quite hard and my grades have always been at or near the top of all my classes, and I'm hoping to study either German, Music, Physics or Computing at Uni. And help? Thanks.
    Don't worry about supercurriculars yet, they aren't that important and you have ages before you apply. If you want to study Physics or Computer Science at uni, important A-levels to take are Maths, Further Maths, and Physics, your fourth choice (if you have one) doesn't matter so much. German and Music are quite different. You should know that Cambridge doesn't actually offer a German course (you have to study two languages), and the Music course is less focused on performance than at other universities. The main A-levels for those would be German and Music (surprise).
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Raxnos)
    Get those GCSEs out of the way first

And that's a very diverse set of possible courses at Cambridge. You should think about narrowing it down a bit otherwise your A-level choices may be problematic.

Have a look at http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...ectmatters.pdf

and the course specific pages at http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.