The Student Room Group

Economics AQA Unit 1 resit

Hey is anyone doing the AQA resit for unit one on the 16th May? If so are there any predictions for the essay topics?

Scroll to see replies

I have a feeling that the housing market will come up this year for a like a context, housing market hasn't come up since 2011 I dnt think and agriculture came up in 2014 so no to that, monopolies, unequal income, negative externalities etc came up last year with production and economies of scale, but what I have noticed is that subsidies is always there it will come in one context or the other so make sure to know that back to front, advantages and disadvantages, NHS and health hasn't come up in a while although there was a health question I think in 2013, its really hard to try and predict tbh but just focusing on one section really won't help
Also it's the last year they could be really mean, AQA tend to be like that, the grade boundaries are likely to be high as well this year as well , but does anyone have an tips for 12 markers? I'm fine on like everything else
Reply 3
I'm getting 22+ on 25 markers, full marks on the rest of the context, but then getting like 11-14 on the multiple choice questions, which is driving me down like a mofo, i just pray to god we get nice MC questions tomorrow.
Reply 4
Original post by XIIIESA
I'm getting 22+ on 25 markers, full marks on the rest of the context, but then getting like 11-14 on the multiple choice questions, which is driving me down like a mofo, i just pray to god we get nice MC questions tomorrow.

Have you got any 25 marker examples you can give to me?
Reply 5
Original post by Trapping
Have you got any 25 marker examples you can give to me?

meaning?
Reply 6
Original post by XIIIESA
meaning?

Do you have any example 25 mark essays you are willing to share?

I don't know how to ask more simpler than that.
Reply 7
Original post by Trapping
Do you have any example 25 mark essays you are willing to share?

I don't know how to ask more simpler than that.

Nah, you won't be able to read my handwriting.
Reply 8
Original post by XIIIESA
Nah, you won't be able to read my handwriting.

Oh, them ones there :lol:
Hi guys, would anyone know why the answer to this is B?
Reply 11
Original post by GCSEgirl13
Hi guys, would anyone know why the answer to this is B?

Okay so by looking at the table you want the benefits to be higher than the costs so you can discard New housing as the negative externalities are higher than the positive so Housing is out. Then look at the Private benefits and costs you as you want the benefits to be higher railways won't do that so discard that one. So it's between hospitals and roads, with roads the private benefits and costs are the same so it's not exactly beneficial whilst hospitals have a higher private benefit than cost. Therefore hospitals should be the one the government adopts.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by XIIIESA

They repeat loads of questions so do past papers from like 2004 until now and you'll see how much repetition there is. That's what I did and i'm averaging around 20/25.
Done like no revision for this what do you reckon is the best thing to do now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the same boat
Original post by zskfazal
Okay so by looking at the table you want the benefits to be higher than the costs so you can discard New housing as the negative externalities are higher than the positive so Housing is out. Then look at the Private benefits and costs you as you want the benefits to be higher railways won't do that so discard that one. So it's between hospitals and roads, with roads the private benefits and costs are the same so it's not exactly beneficial whilst hospitals have a higher private benefit than cost. Therefore hospitals should be the one the government adopts.

Hope that helps :smile:

amazing thank you so much :biggrin:
Original post by Travy
In the same boat

Might just cram and do all multiple choice questions cause they'll defo be repeated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Might just cram and do all multiple choice questions cause they'll defo be repeated

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah that and learn supply demand definition and few diagrams I reckon
Original post by Travy
yeah that and learn supply demand definition and few diagrams I reckon

Look up idk tuition on YouTube he goes through each question and how to gain marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've not revised either ive just started now. Its the third time i've sat this paper now and I haven't studied economics in over a year haha fml.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest