ozzie2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey is anyone doing the AQA resit for unit one on the 16th May? If so are there any predictions for the essay topics?
Karan8298
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My Econ teacher, said it'll most likely be a market failure. However it is not always stated what the market failure is and you are sometimes required to work it out yourself.
pinkpanther101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have a feeling that the housing market will come up this year for a like a context, housing market hasn't come up since 2011 I dnt think and agriculture came up in 2014 so no to that, monopolies, unequal income, negative externalities etc came up last year with production and economies of scale, but what I have noticed is that subsidies is always there it will come in one context or the other so make sure to know that back to front, advantages and disadvantages, NHS and health hasn't come up in a while although there was a health question I think in 2013, its really hard to try and predict tbh but just focusing on one section really won't help
pinkpanther101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also it's the last year they could be really mean, AQA tend to be like that, the grade boundaries are likely to be high as well this year as well , but does anyone have an tips for 12 markers? I'm fine on like everything else
XIIIESA
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm getting 22+ on 25 markers, full marks on the rest of the context, but then getting like 11-14 on the multiple choice questions, which is driving me down like a mofo, i just pray to god we get nice MC questions tomorrow.
Trapping
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by XIIIESA)
I'm getting 22+ on 25 markers, full marks on the rest of the context, but then getting like 11-14 on the multiple choice questions, which is driving me down like a mofo, i just pray to god we get nice MC questions tomorrow.
Have you got any 25 marker examples you can give to me?
XIIIESA
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Trapping)
Have you got any 25 marker examples you can give to me?
meaning?
Trapping
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
meaning?
Do you have any example 25 mark essays you are willing to share?

I don't know how to ask more simpler than that.
XIIIESA
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Trapping)
Do you have any example 25 mark essays you are willing to share?

I don't know how to ask more simpler than that.
Nah, you won't be able to read my handwriting.
Trapping
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nah, you won't be able to read my handwriting.
Oh, them ones there :lol:
singapore
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How many marks would you expect this 25 marker to earn?
Bigpaddy27
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by singapore)
How many marks would you expect this 25 marker to earn?
I have no idea what mark it would be as I am taking the exam too. HOWEVER, for your welfare diagram on the first page you really should shade in the welfare gain and label the welfare lost. This should pick you up a couple more marks.
GCSEgirl13
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi guys, would anyone know why the answer to this is B?
Attached files
zskfazal
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by GCSEgirl13)
Hi guys, would anyone know why the answer to this is B?
Okay so by looking at the table you want the benefits to be higher than the costs so you can discard New housing as the negative externalities are higher than the positive so Housing is out. Then look at the Private benefits and costs you as you want the benefits to be higher railways won't do that so discard that one. So it's between hospitals and roads, with roads the private benefits and costs are the same so it's not exactly beneficial whilst hospitals have a higher private benefit than cost. Therefore hospitals should be the one the government adopts.

Hope that helps
zskfazal
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They repeat loads of questions so do past papers from like 2004 until now and you'll see how much repetition there is. That's what I did and i'm averaging around 20/25.
Supermanxxxxxx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Done like no revision for this what do you reckon is the best thing to do now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Travy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Supermanxxxxxx)
Done like no revision for this what do you reckon is the best thing to do now

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the same boat
GCSEgirl13
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zskfazal)
Okay so by looking at the table you want the benefits to be higher than the costs so you can discard New housing as the negative externalities are higher than the positive so Housing is out. Then look at the Private benefits and costs you as you want the benefits to be higher railways won't do that so discard that one. So it's between hospitals and roads, with roads the private benefits and costs are the same so it's not exactly beneficial whilst hospitals have a higher private benefit than cost. Therefore hospitals should be the one the government adopts.

Hope that helps

amazing thank you so much
Supermanxxxxxx
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Travy)
In the same boat
Might just cram and do all multiple choice questions cause they'll defo be repeated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Travy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Supermanxxxxxx)
Might just cram and do all multiple choice questions cause they'll defo be repeated

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah that and learn supply demand definition and few diagrams I reckon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads